For fun: shopping lists, what's left to get?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Today DH and I went out shopping and picked up a few items, after fiddling in the nursery the rest of the evening I'm now making a list of items we have and working on figuring what's left that we need rather than would just like to get for now. DH is liking the buying in small bursts rather than big splurges.

We have:
*crib + 2 sets bedding
*bassinet + 2 sets sheets
*changing table & pad
*dresser
*closet organizers
*more blankets than we know what to do with
*baby tub
*wash cloths & towels
*20 gerber prefolds for burp cloths
*diaper bag
*infant car seat
*stroller frame to go with car seat
*ergo & moby wrap
*5 sleep sacks
*12 receiving blankets
*hamper
*baby monitors
*11 cloth diapers
*backpack diaper bag for DH

Still need:
*breast milk storage for pumping
*bottle drying rack
*bibs
*bottles/nipples
*wet bag
*more cloth diapers
*wipe dispenser would be nice

What else am I missing ladies? I worry there's something completely obvious I'm forgetting:dohh: What's on your bought and need to shop list? :)

What about maternity pads and breast pads? I started throwing a pack of each into our weekly shop and have a bit of a stockpile now...saves having to send hubby for them! Nappy cream, nipple cream?

I do have breast pads, and the nipple and nappy cream. But that reminds me that I need nursing bras!

What about a breast pump? That's all we have left to buy now. Other than the car seat!

Since I'm getting my breast pump through insurance I have to wait until LO is born. It's hard being patient, I want to fiddle with it and get to know it lol

What about lotions and soaps for baby? Towels ( I like the hooded ones for baby)
grooming kit, mittens,socks for lo. ?

I'm still yet to go through all the baby things to see what we need, I know there's a few main things we need such as the monitors and car seat but I'm not too sure if there is more clothes we need.

Must go through them all.

What about lotions and soaps for baby? Towels ( I like the hooded ones for baby)
grooming kit, mittens,socks for lo. ?

Soaps and lotions are check. I picked up some adorable hooded towels at Ross the other day and MIL gave us a bunch of wash cloths, although she says we need even more (we have 12). Some socks, although I'm a big believer that you can never have too many socks. Need the grooming kit and mittens!

I'm still yet to go through all the baby things to see what we need, I know there's a few main things we need such as the monitors and car seat but I'm not too sure if there is more clothes we need.

Must go through them all.

How many onesies in each size do you have? I know I need to pick up more NB and probably more 0-3.

I have mainly 0-3 or new born, I've not counted them yet. I might make that my task for the day seen as I've got nothing planned. I need to pick a couple of tiny baby up too as new born baby grows where just huge for my daughter at first lol.

I have mainly 0-3 or new born, I've not counted them yet. I might make that my task for the day seen as I've got nothing planned. I need to pick a couple of tiny baby up too as new born baby grows where just huge for my daughter at first lol.

I had the opposite problem! Newborn clothes were too small for my boys! I don't know where this little girl is in comparison to my 8&9lb boys yet. But at my 22 week anomaly scan, doc said to expect another 8lber which is borderline newborn/0-3 in most sizes. It will really depend on how long she is. Ds#1 was 20.25 and ds#2 was 21.25.

I think for NB I just want to pick up some plain white onesies that will fit under sleepers since we have quite a few NB in those. Good idea on a few tiny baby outfits, just in case they're too small!

I know, but yet it seems so far away, if that makes much sense? :haha:

After the sleepless night I had last night it certainly has moments of feeling forever away.

Eep! I haven't picked up ANY NB size clothes because everyone has been advising me not to...but now I'm worried, in case he doesn't fill out the 0-3 month stuff we've been buying...

I have got quite a bit, but I still need to get:

- window cover for nursery
- dishwasher basket
- sunshades and mirror for car
- bottle brush
- more cloth diapers and inserts (we have 9 so far, but will have a stash of about 24 when we start cloth after he's a few months old)
- board books (we have a few already, but as a teacher, I have a big list of books I really want to start reading to him from an early age!)
- Belly Bandit for me
- Nursing pads

And I'm not sure, but also maybe these things:
- more bottles for storing milk (some come with our pump, but how many do I need?)
- more burp cloths - maybe going to wait and see if he's a drooly/spitting up baby because we have some already and these adorable dribble bibs from etsy...and we can always use diaper inserts, washcloths, or receiving blankets if need be
- monitor (am I crazy to not get one? I want to be cautious, but he's sleeping next to us for the first several months, and you can hear EVERYTHING in our house - even when he's napping, he'll never be far from my side)
- extra Pack n Play and bassinet sheets

I'm also wondering...Do people get much use out of bottle sterilizers and bottle drying racks?

Eep! I haven't picked up ANY NB size clothes because everyone has been advising me not to...but now I'm worried, in case he doesn't fill out the 0-3 month stuff we've been buying...

I have got quite a bit, but I still need to get:

- window cover for nursery
- dishwasher basket
- sunshades and mirror for car
- bottle brush
- more cloth diapers and inserts (we have 9 so far, but will have a stash of about 24 when we start cloth after he's a few months old)
- board books (we have a few already, but as a teacher, I have a big list of books I really want to start reading to him from an early age!)
- Belly Bandit for me
- Nursing pads

And I'm not sure, but also maybe these things:
- more bottles for storing milk (some come with our pump, but how many do I need?)
- more burp cloths - maybe going to wait and see if he's a drooly/spitting up baby because we have some already and these adorable dribble bibs from etsy...and we can always use diaper inserts, washcloths, or receiving blankets if need be
- monitor (am I crazy to not get one? I want to be cautious, but he's sleeping next to us for the first several months, and you can hear EVERYTHING in our house - even when he's napping, he'll never be far from my side)
- extra Pack n Play and bassinet sheets

I'm also wondering...Do people get much use out of bottle sterilizers and bottle drying racks?

I don't want to buy too many NB sizes since everyone warns me how fast they grow out of them, so I picked up a few footie sleepers and plain onesies for the NB size.

Also curious about the bottle sterilizers, I thought about just using boiling water and apple cider vinegar. I wanted a bottle drying rack because I didn't want to hand dry them all the time - our kitchen counter is so small I lay things out on a drying mat rather than a rack so one specifically for the bottles is handy for us. I picked one up at a consignment store still wrapped in plastic for $5.

Bottle drying rack is great! I just got one passed down to me and I absolutely love it! I was letting bottles air dry and they took forever, they dry in no time with the rack.

I suggest at least 4 sheets for whatever you're usimg for LO to sleep in. I feel like I'm always changing her sheet to her crib.

I'm on my mobile so I can see where you're from but getting Baby Tylenol is great too. After LOs 2 month vaccinations she was sore and starting to get a fever and the Tylenol helped.

Definitely suggest the mirror for the car! It's great being able to look back at LO.

I also got a comfy cover for grocery carts. I haven't used it yet since LO isn't sitting unassisted yet but its a good investment!

I held off on NB clothes. Doctors thought we were going to have a big baby but she was 8lbs 7oz. Most NB is for up to 8lbs around here but 0-3 were way too big At first. But she was only in NB for two weeks so I only grabbed a few onesies.

my LO LOVES her music mobile in the crib. She goes nuts over it

DH was so cute and picked out a mirror for the back seat :) We've definitely been given a lot of sheets for the crib and a couple for the bassinet. Did you feel the need for those "sheet protectors" or do you think waterproof mattress pads would be enough?

Love those comfy covers for carts, they are so cute! DH thinks they're pointless but my mom picked us up one so I don't have to justify getting one to him:haha:

We still need a baby tub, hamper and pump. We need to pick up the bassinet from my sister, and furniture will be delivered within 2 weeks.
We've got pretty much everything else we'll be needing for the first month. I did buy some plain white NB, because you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->