For fun: shopping lists, what's left to get?

I don't think I saw a play pen/yard on your list. I loved them with dd1&2. They were life savers. Especially when I needed to do dishes, shower, and clean house.
My niece just bought the baby one today. She really wanted to do that for our baby. It was so sweet of her. I have everything baby needs and more. I have a projector night light that plays music and white noise. And an Amber colored light. I read that white noise and Amber lights help babies sleep more soundly (as well as adults). There are also some health benefits due to better quality sleep. Also pacifiers. First aid kit, forehead thermometer, educational books, prayer books, boppy pillow, and my most wanted....stock pile of different size diapers and tons of wipes! !

I don't have any of those protectors. I change LO in the crib and even when she pees EVERYWHERE the mattress is totally fine.

I agree on stocking up on wipes! I feel like I go through a pack in a couple days time. I have a wipe warmer and although a lot of people think it's a waste, LO loves the warmth and it's nice to have a dispenser like that.

Agree on the first aid kit too

Also I have bins for clothes that LO is starting to grow out of. She's 2 months and I already have one filled. After washing some stuff they shrunk so much and they don't fit her anymore :(

I don't think I saw a play pen/yard on your list. I loved them with dd1&2. They were life savers. Especially when I needed to do dishes, shower, and clean house.
My niece just bought the baby one today. She really wanted to do that for our baby. It was so sweet of her. I have everything baby needs and more. I have a projector night light that plays music and white noise. And an Amber colored light. I read that white noise and Amber lights help babies sleep more soundly (as well as adults). There are also some health benefits due to better quality sleep. Also pacifiers. First aid kit, forehead thermometer, educational books, prayer books, boppy pillow, and my most wanted....stock pile of different size diapers and tons of wipes! !

We do have a play yard, I wanted to set it up asap but since we have a small place I think we'll stick with the bassinet until she can sit up - then we'll break it out. That's really sweet of your niece to buy your baby a play yard :) The amber light sounds neat! My aunt got us a "tranquil turtle" and he plays different soothing sounds with blue light.

I don't have any of those protectors. I change LO in the crib and even when she pees EVERYWHERE the mattress is totally fine.

I agree on stocking up on wipes! I feel like I go through a pack in a couple days time. I have a wipe warmer and although a lot of people think it's a waste, LO loves the warmth and it's nice to have a dispenser like that.

Agree on the first aid kit too

Also I have bins for clothes that LO is starting to grow out of. She's 2 months and I already have one filled. After washing some stuff they shrunk so much and they don't fit her anymore :(

I do need to get to Costco to pick up a couple massive boxes of wipes lol. Baby brain brought me home a grocery store basket:dohh: So as strange as that is I decided to toss it in LO's closet where I'll stash outgrown clothes and once it's filled take it to the local consignment shop. I've noticed the Gerber white onesies shrink like crazy!! I washed all the 0-3 month ones and I swear they look more like NB size.

I HATE GERBER ONES! I washed her 3-6 month ones and they don't even fit now! She's only 12lbs too so it's not like she's really big for 2 months. That seems to be the only brand that shrinks that badly

I'm actually thinking about getting a wipe warmer, my only concern is that I would like to go with cloth.
I know a lot of people think a warmer is ridicules, but they do get cold! Nothing like a warm wipe on your tush ;-)

I HATE GERBER ONES! I washed her 3-6 month ones and they don't even fit now! She's only 12lbs too so it's not like she's really big for 2 months. That seems to be the only brand that shrinks that badly

Good to know, do you know if Carters brand shrink up as well? They're the only other brand I've seen to come in 5 packs.

I'm actually thinking about getting a wipe warmer, my only concern is that I would like to go with cloth.
I know a lot of people think a warmer is ridicules, but they do get cold! Nothing like a warm wipe on your tush ;-)

I'm imagining a cold wipe on poor LOs bum lol. I think a wiper warmer could work with cloth wipes, maybe just not as many in the container? There's always finding a used one to try it out first and see how it would work out with cloth.

I think I'd like a wipe warmer. Never really thought about one before but its going to really cold here and I can't imagine wiping a little one with an ice cold wipe!!
its November 1st and we have 3 inches of snow today!!! (normally don't get any accumulation of snow til December or later!)

I wanted to get a wipe warmer too - I think about my own bum, and would cringe at a super cold wipe going near it :haha: so wouldn't want that for my LO. But I read that it can set you up for some trouble when you're away from the warmer, and your LO can have a freak out because they're so accustomed to dealing with nice warm wipes. I'm on the fence about it!

What I've been doing is packing the wipes at the bottom of my diaper bag when I'm out. The diapers, extra onesies, and receiving blankets sit on top so they aren't too bad! If you do get a wipe warmer make sure to wet the pad once a week. I didn't realize you had to do that and the pad got hard and brown! Ew!

I love Carters clothes! They only shrink just a little bit. I just went shopping at Carters the other day and spent $100 :doh: very good quality clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->