For the Reproductively Challenged xxxxx

C

cazd

Heya. I've just started out with fertility testing - bloods and S/A..

If anyone else is going through this I'd really like to chat about it.

We've just found out that OH has low morphology (6%) and we're being referred to a urologist.

OH is now officially banned from alcohol until we make a baby :rofl:

hi ive just read your thread.

I just want to let you know there is hope.

I was infertile up till 7 wk ago due to my tubes being blocked and closed and DB had dosile swimers we are all fixed up and ready for that bfp.

I was begining to think i would never be a mother again (as i have a son).

There are amazing things they can do for you these days.

keep positive hun.

angie :baby:

Oh wow!

Thanks for posting. I'm a bit of a mess really.
OH got the morphology news yesterday and Dr has just called to say my LH levels are very low and that even if we did conceive... its unlikely that I'd be able to carry it...

We're being referred to a FS so fingers crossed.

I'm sorry to hear that your LH levels are low too Caz. But on the other hand I'm glad you went to the docs after 6 months of trying. In a way I wish I'd done the same.

Yeah - I'm very pleased.
We did cheat the system a bit - saying we'd been TTC for 12 months when it was only 6 but I'm glad we did!!!

At least now we know what's wrong and we can work to fix it...

Just learned something interesting...

PCOS causes a rise in the production of LH - which causes too many eggs to be matured - and that causes cysts.

I've had one ovary taken out 'cos of PCOS but now my LH is low... so the other one must be clear from PCOS !

i'll join the team!

Just had cd21 and 28 done, DH has to have SA done when we come back from holiday in 2 weeks, then we're getting referred

I was diagnosed with PCOS before TTCing and never asked if it was one or both that were the problem

Hiya,

My husband has low count, morphology, motility
I'm yet to be tested

Would like to join:D Love the name. Its been 3 years for us

Blimey - 3 years Ilove?!!! that's immense.
Are you gonna go for the blood tests too? Have you managed to increase the :spermy: counts?

i'll join the team!

Just had cd21 and 28 done, DH has to have SA done when we come back from holiday in 2 weeks, then we're getting referred

I was diagnosed with PCOS before TTCing and never asked if it was one or both that were the problem

Heya!

I had blood tests done but they didn't include the specific CD tests..
OH had a S/A but becuase both rounds threw up problems we've been referred to FS.

With PCOS did they find elevated LH? just curious to find out if what a learned today is true...!

Wonder how long the referral to FS will take to turn into an appointment in our separate counties....

ILove - I did ask one of the ladies in LT-TTC if she'd like to join but she didn't want to label herself as 'reproductively challenged'

I thought it was more of a joke title - well... True - but you know...
(well.. that and I loved the gif!)

I'd love all the newbie fertility testers out there to join in - but what do you think?
Is the team name off-putting?

it's not put me off. Just leave those who don't want to, but I like the name, as you've got to take things more lightheartedly at times!

Yeah - that's what I hoped. its so easy to get depressed about TTC !

I've just clocked your signature - your cycles are epic!!!!
Ha - as a teenager I used to love going months without periods - They just thought it was 'cos I exercised a lot - no-one twigged that my mum had ovary problems and there might be more to it!

Have you had much luck shortning them?

:wohoo:

Just got a letter with an Ultrasound appointment for Monday!

Looks like our Drs are making an effort!

Hi, do you mind if i 'dip my toe' into this group?! There's a part of me that's apprehensive about being labelled 'reproductively challenged' but then on the other hand I thought it would be good to chat to people in a similar situation so just wanted to kind of say hi and maybe pop in from time to time.

A little about me... myself and DH have been TTC since April 2008. I've had bloods which came back fine, had swabs which came back fine and hubby had SA which came back brilliant! So, not sure what's happening, but just been referred to FS. Should get an appointment in Sept I think. In the meantime plenty of BDing! Even though it hasnt happened so far I'm still keeping positive. We only got DH's SA results back a couple of weeks ago which gave us both a positive boost so hoping that helps this month!

Currently on CD 10 of what is usually a 28/29 day cycle, so am approaching the most fun part of the month!

How about you ladies? x

Heya Peekaboo - you're very welcome to join!

It must be so strange having those tests done already and all seeming fine.
But 16 months down the line - I wonder why its not happening for you.

I'm in the same boat - waiting for the FS appointment - and no idea when that might be.

Best of luck for this cycle though - 1 week to go and you might just be PG !!!

P.S..... I'm still having a dilemma about the team name... Any suggestions?

Hi cazd, thanks for the welcome. Well I'm now on CD15 and hubby has had to go away for a couple of days for work, so I'm hoping we've done enough this month! We took a slightly different approach - rather than BDing every other day around OV, we decided to just go for it when we wanted, so had more than usual. Decided that with DH's SA being good, maybe the little fellas didn't need 'saving up'! It's worth a shot anyway!

As for the team name, I've been racking my brains but can't think of any suggestions that are along the same lines (I'm rubbish with things like that!). I'm sure the name it has already is ok!!

So, how are things with you this cycle? You feeling positive? x

Heya - I've just got back from my ultrasound and it sounds like I'm all clear.
I'll get the report back in 10 days time but she seemed positive.

I'm on CD12 so not far behind you. I think we're going to do the same this time round - and see how we feel tonight rather than planning it.

Its great that you had more than usual :rofl:
a much more relaxed approach and all that rubbish!

So... with the ultrasound done and 1 healthy ovary we're still in with a chance.
OH has stayed off alcohol for 2 whole weeks - and we shopped for a balanced diet yesterday. Fingers crossed it all pays off soon...

Thats great news about the ultrasound. Maybe this will be the month for you!

Out of interest, do you think that is the next step I can expect when I see FS? I asked what to expect on LTTC board this morning as we've got our appointment through for the end of this month.

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and me!) this month!!

There is a fertility-testing ultrasound called the hi-cosie.
I had the basic ultrasound to show up PCOS but the Hi-cosie looks for blockages etc.

How long did it take from referal to appointment - we're still waiting on ours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->