for those looking to kick start a period after birth control

Destiny08

Reaction score
So I know there are a few ladies here who have just come off birth control and want to start their af! So I thought id share my experiences.

A little background - I had my DD in august 2011 and went straight onto depo provera dor 6 months before changing to nexplanon because I had nearly constant bleeding. I was on nexplanon for 13 months and had no af at all whilst on it. I came off the implant in april to ttc and by september I still hadnt had af, so I looked into herbal supplements since my gp wouldnt help until next march.

I started taking vitex and almost 3 weeks later I had had no O and no AF, so I added dong quai and AF started 3 days later. I was thrilled and kept taking vitex, but dropped the dong quai. 3 weeks later I got my first positive opk and stopped taking supplements as I read that I should. Turned out I hadnt O'd at all - no temp rise at all etc...so 2 weeks later I gave up on the vitex and started on black cohosh. I took that for 2 weeks and got frustrated that nothing was changing, and stopped. Again about 3 days ago, I started taking vitex again and bam! af arrived this morning, completely unexpectedly and 8 months after I came off the implant.

Its also clearly a natural one. The af I brought on with the dong quai and vitex 2 months ago didnt hurt at all...while this one really does lol properly in my back etc, as my afs before dd did.

So for me, vitex is magic! Lol I had 2 afs and a +opk on it (and this month ill keep taking it till I know for sure that I have actually O'd and not just had an LH surge)

Hope this helps someone else getting frustrated and depressed like i was! :flower:

Thanks for the info....am going to wait a little while before I try anything but this info could help me in the future. After 16yrs on hormonal bc am not sure how long I am going to take to start o'ing again, if I have trouble will def look into Vitex :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->