For those of you who have gone to the dr.

rdy4number2

Reaction score
I am set to go to my regular dr. June 7th. The reason I decided to go was b/c I'm having periods that are 32-35 days apart and I only have very light bleeding for like a day and a half.

If you have had experiences like this and gone to the dr. what did it result in? Did you hear just wait a year?

I've been trying for 5 months.

I'm just worried b/c I'm afraid the periods getting further out and lightness and duration of af is an indicator I'm not o'ing.

rdy.

Sorry I have no idea. I'm going to doc june 21 because I'm either not ovulating and or my cycles are extremely long and irregular.

i have experienced something like this.

i went to the doctor after ttc for about 5 months and hadn't had a period for about that long. my doctor said she thought i had pcos and sent me home with metformin.
I will tell you right now she is a QUACK!

Do your research before going to the doctor. this way you will know what to ask for and ask about. I did this time around. I made an appointment with a new doctor and when I got there I told her I am concerned about my cycle length and I am trying to get pregnant. I told her my last doctor seemed like she didn't care at all. I requested to actually be tested for pcos and I requested an ultrasound to determin if I had cysts. she told me I was in the right to request those things she did prescrib me metformin and provera, the metformin was because she suspected I had pcos and there is no harm in taking it just in case and the provera was to induce a cycle.
The blood tests came back normal except for an elevated thyroid level and the ultrasound showed a few cysts she told me I likely did have pcos but she wanted to redo the thyroid test a week later. I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism (my thyroid hormons were normal but my tsh was 4.5) and my doc thinks that is the cause of all my fertility and cycle problems. I was given 75mcg of synthyroid and have only been on it a few days. I was also refered to a endocrinologist and my appointment is on july 19

I hope this helped

i have experienced something like this.

i went to the doctor after ttc for about 5 months and hadn't had a period for about that long. my doctor said she thought i had pcos and sent me home with metformin.
I will tell you right now she is a QUACK!

Do your research before going to the doctor. this way you will know what to ask for and ask about. I did this time around. I made an appointment with a new doctor and when I got there I told her I am concerned about my cycle length and I am trying to get pregnant. I told her my last doctor seemed like she didn't care at all. I requested to actually be tested for pcos and I requested an ultrasound to determin if I had cysts. she told me I was in the right to request those things she did prescrib me metformin and provera, the metformin was because she suspected I had pcos and there is no harm in taking it just in case and the provera was to induce a cycle.
The blood tests came back normal except for an elevated thyroid level and the ultrasound showed a few cysts she told me I likely did have pcos but she wanted to redo the thyroid test a week later. I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism (my thyroid hormons were normal but my tsh was 4.5) and my doc thinks that is the cause of all my fertility and cycle problems. I was given 75mcg of synthyroid and have only been on it a few days. I was also refered to a endocrinologist and my appointment is on july 19

I hope this helped

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just gonna tell her that my cycles are getting farther apart and I'm having extremely light and short bleeding. I know a 35 day cycle isn't near as long as your 5 months, but it's just odd how short and light my period is.

rdy

Hi readyfornumber2:flower:
Im in a similar boat. I'm on cd60 now. I'm charting so I'm able to tell my body has tried to O a couple times.
I'm close to making an appointment myself.
I've also had irregular periods all my life. I have a boarder line low BMI so that might be part of it. I've also been taking fertilaid for a month and a half and not sure if it's been long enough to do anything yet.
Good luck with everything;) :dust:

when i was ttc #2 i had irregular periods as well , anyway i went to the doctor after about 4 months and white lied haha said we had been trying for a year and im glad i did cos found out i had pco and df had low sperm count,morphology etc so could get him the right supplements and chinese herbs for myself and him (him for his swimmers and me to regulate my cycle) that resulted in a bfp . By the time we got to see the FS which confirmed his low sperm count etc and we decided to see an acupuncturist for herbs , 6 weeks after taking supplements for him and herbs for us ... got a bfp
Good luck hun

when i was ttc #2 i had irregular periods as well , anyway i went to the doctor after about 4 months and white lied haha said we had been trying for a year and im glad i did cos found out i had pco and df had low sperm count,morphology etc so could get him the right supplements and chinese herbs for myself and him (him for his swimmers and me to regulate my cycle) that resulted in a bfp . By the time we got to see the FS which confirmed his low sperm count etc and we decided to see an acupuncturist for herbs , 6 weeks after taking supplements for him and herbs for us ... got a bfp
Good luck hun

Wow! I wonder why they make us wait so long? We can usually tell when something is really up. It has been 5 months and I feel like something is up. I will mention, I got pregnant within 3 cycles with my daughter. I am with a new hubby now though so that kinda worries me.....I have also gained a lot of weight since then. Who knows. At least your fib got you the help you needed much sooner. Very inspirational story. I needed that. :hugs:

rdy

Hi readyfornumber2:flower:
Im in a similar boat. I'm on cd60 now. I'm charting so I'm able to tell my body has tried to O a couple times.
I'm close to making an appointment myself.
I've also had irregular periods all my life. I have a boarder line low BMI so that might be part of it. I've also been taking fertilaid for a month and a half and not sure if it's been long enough to do anything yet.
Good luck with everything;) :dust:

Tallmom2b,

Ack. Cycle day 60 is quite a wait. I would def. go if I was you. He can at least give you something to make you more regular and check if you are ovulating. It could be your bmi. I can't say the same for myself. I'm a little overweight. Go to doc and let me know what happens.

rdy
:hugs:

I went to the dr first when I decided to come off the BCP. He immediately advised me to get DH to have a SA. He also sent me for blood tests to make sure everything was ok health-wise. DH didn't go for the SA ('cos we were soooo sure it would just "happen"!!).

After 8 months TTC I went back and said I was worried about not conceiving. He sent me for more blood tests and again recommended a SA. This time DH also went to his dr and has been referred for a SA. He's on antibiotics and the dr has said not to have the SA done until he's off them, so we're just waiting for that.

Once the SA is done, my dr (Dh and I go to the same health centre but different drs) said he will look at both our results and see if we need referred at that stage.

By the way, we're both 35, but both drs have said that in fact we're NOT old to be TTC and most people who come to see him are older than us! Nice to be told we're not old for a change!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->