For those that have older kids and a baby

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
My first two are 6 and 7 and love their baby brother, however, don't really play with him too much. I guess since he's been crawling, they have a bit more than usual. However, they are older and off doing their own thing. Of course, this will be the way it will be as they get even older.

I was lucky in that my first two are close together in age and keep each other occupied, but with a 5/6 year age gap between them and the baby, I wonder how Chase will be.

In September both of my kids will be in school full days and Chase will really have no kids around as he gets older. I wonder if he'll be an attention seeker, one that I will always have to entertain or a child that will be able to play independently. He's just over 11 months old and can entertain himself for awhile, but like any 11 month old, he gets bored easily. LOL

What has been your experiences?

thats why i ended up with 4 lol

Jake 13 katie 9 Ethan 2 and lily 2 months ....ethan was a unplanned suprise and i didnt want him to be lonely so we had lily

The older two get bored very easliy with the little ones

I think he'll be fine. Landon is 6, Hayden is now coming up on 2, and then Casen is 4....so granted not a huge gap, but Landon and Casen are very very close, and at first Hayden just kind of seemed like an outsider, but the older he gets the more they play with him. Now my oldest just adores him and is always looking out for him and taking care of him.

Hi hun, sorry i cant help much .. only sympathise with you, mine are 6, 5 and 4 at the mo and Jamies 6 weeks ... i worry he will be left out of things, the others are so close they always play and fight together all the time, they share everything ... i worry Jamie will feel like a only child.

With three teenagers and a 1,5 year old I wish I could help.... But the older ones do their own things and while they don't mind spending some time with the "baby" they are obviously not really playmates. The 'baby' gets enough attention as there is always someone around and he loves it!

theres nearly a 5 yr difference between my youngest 2 n yes when she was little she missed the others when they went back to school but after a while at about a yr old she did prefer her own company n i found the others got in the way of her games shes 6 now n still hates it when shes colouring or something n the others try to help her she is very imaginative n never needed me to entertain her hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->