For those that ov.ed later....

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
i ovulate on CD 21...where i get prenatal care, they go by your LMP (which assumes you ov. on CD 14 :dohh:) last time i went almost 2 weeks "overdue" (according to LMP) and i felt so very pressured about being induced (i knew i would go over bc i ov. so late). I declined the induction-which im glad i did but it was so upsetting to me. So now we are ttc again, and i didn't ov. until CD 21....should i make a white lie about my LMP (to make it line up as if it were CD 14 that i ov.ed). Please dont tell me to find a new provider, ive gone through a couple and i actually like my providers a lot (just hate the pressure of induction). As to rid the anxiety of the whole induction talk, i am thinking about telling them a different LMP so i dont have that issue. Has anyone else done this? i mean, i guess i could go early, but im not going to hold my breath. i honestly loved every second of my pregnancy-even when i was "overdue" but the pressures from doctors/MWs and friends really got to me last time and i just dont want to deal with it.:nope:

I know of a few stories where women have moved there LMP forward by 2 weeks to reduce the pressure at the end. Are you planning on having an early scan? the early scans are a good indicator (though not definative, of course) of an EDD... perhaps they will just move it back again after that?!

It's totally upto you. You know your own body better than anyone else. Plus you also know that you have the option for expectant management after your EDD.

I totally agree that the pressure from the health care team can become unbearable. Just exert you rights and be your own advocate for what you want.
XxX

My edd was moved once I had the first scan as I knew it would because I dont have a 28 day cycle so they ignore the LMP date in the UK once you've had the 12 week scan.

x

I did lie about my dates at the beginning as I Ov'd on day 21 of a 33 day cycle as I didn't want the whole 'you're overdue' arguement - once you have your scan, they'll also adjust your dates - I still maintain I'm due on the 10/11th of this month but they say 7th from my scan - but that's not too much of a difference!

Just tell them you cant remember. I did so I got an early scan to check the date as the earlier the better. HTH!

I told my midwife at the first appointment that I knew when I ovulated, cause I was tracking it on fertility friend by temping and stuff.
She never asked me for my last menstrual phase after that because she said ovulation date is much more accurate anyways.

Couldn't you tell them the truth?
That you know when you ovulate because you always keep track of it?
Tell them you don't want to be pressured into induction!

If you lie , it might make the dates look all off on your 20 week scan ?

^ I was thinking about doing that haha :shhh:

My sister did it with her third as well. As their dates had been off for her other two. (I honestly just didn't know mine! lol) I got an 8 week scan that dated me at Feb 14. Then the 12 week scan dated me at Feb 12 so they went with the 12th. Interestingly even though I was 4 days over (Feb 16th) My waters broke on the 14th so I nearly ended up with my first due date!

I am with a different practice now then i was with my last, so maybe if i did tell them i ov.ed on CD 21 (an ENTIRE week later, mind you) then maybe they will base dates off that instead. But with my last two pregnancies, i told them i ov.ed on CD 20 (i was charting, temping, OPKs, etc) and they refused to acknoweldge it :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->