For those that use fertility friend, do you ever

readyformore

Reaction score
do a search on recently posted pregnancy charts and compare it to your own?

Obviously, I do this.
The part that really amazes me is how far out from ovulation some people have sex and then still get pregnant.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, all of the books say sperm will live for 3 days, but that's not my case. It seems like there are no shortage of charts with sex 3-5 days prior to bd. That's crazy. . . and almost stings a little bit, kwim? When I'm getting the 1-2 days prior and the day of and still no luck.

Also, sometimes I change the search criteria to look at only people that have been ttc for longer than me.

All the damn time! Was doing it yesterday even though I knew I was out, LOL.

I don't think there are charters that have been going much longer than I have, LOL.

I should have stayed with an Excel spreadsheet.

Yep, same.... the evil thing is I think I can find a pregnancy chart that looks like mine for any particular cycle, pattern or eventuality! Gives me wicked bad false hope.... :D

The GOOD thing is - from the look of all those charts/people's circumstances, issues and timing - anything is possible :thumbup:

True googly, it does give false hope doesn't it?

It is nice to see the ones that have the criteria of "Age, 43. Months ttc 24" and then a +. It really gets me excited for them, lol. I want to cheer them on.

All the damn time! Was doing it yesterday even though I knew I was out, LOL.

I don't think there are charters that have been going much longer than I have, LOL.

I should have stayed with an Excel spreadsheet.

I still do it :wacko:

I do compare with other charts as well, and pri.t my charts to take to my doctors appt...

Totally I do, I'm data mad and I analyse the curve, the probabilities, I use FF plus I'm also using Excel AND a mobile app called OvuView.

Ready I think that sperm living for 5 days is a crock, and some of these people have got their O dates wrong and haven't charted properly, I will eat my hat if this is not the case cause when it comes to stats and probabilities I know my sh*t.

Totally I do, I'm data mad and I analyse the curve, the probabilities, I use FF plus I'm also using Excel AND a mobile app called OvuView.

Ready I think that sperm living for 5 days is a crock, and some of these people have got their O dates wrong and haven't charted properly, I will eat my hat if this is not the case cause when it comes to stats and probabilities I know my sh*t.

NS, how many days do you reckon? 1-2? 2-3? 3-4? I think this may come into play for me this cycle... :wacko:

Has anyone ever used the Research method on FF as their 'Ovulation Detector'?

No, never used it.

Sperm can live for up to 72 hours in perfect CM, IMO.

No, never used it.

Sperm can live for up to 72 hours in perfect CM, IMO.

Hmm, I think there is a good chance I am going to be relying on 72-hr-ish old swimmers this cycle (unexpectedly late ov, and BD from 2 days ago is a throw out due to uhhh, slight 'accident' :haha: ) so is probably going to be a waaaay outside chance only from the sound of it. Ah well, onwards...

I did a search for pregnancy charts with intercourse pattern of ov-3 and ov-4 -- there are quite a few (>200) but I think in the *majority* of cases, there's at least a chance that FF has the ov date wrong - is at least questionable ov IMO. There are a few legits.

What were we saying about wicked bad false hope?!? :haha:

If it gets you through it, then by all means keep searching charts!

If it gets you through it, then by all means keep searching charts!

Meh, I think I need to stop at this point - being off work sick has NOT been good for keeping ttc obsessing under control! Far too much time to research and analyse..... :dohh:

Googly, what day are you using for OV day?

I thought it was 2 days ago because of the steep temp rise... but today the very low temp, lots of EWCM, high CP, twinges 'down there'... so I think the temps from the last 2 days were because of this stinky cold I have, and actually today is o-day. As I said, the BD from 2 days ago is a throw out, and no possibility of BD today/tomorrow... so if today is the day (cd18) it looks like I'll be relying on swimmers from cd14 and 15. Bummer.

Googly, I agree with today being it. Do you have softcups? Ask your DH for a deposit and insert, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->