For those who are unsure which opks to buy!

fletch_W

mummy to an angel <3
Reaction score
Just wanted those who were unsure about ic's to know how utterly unreliable they are. well, to me anyway. I would recommend cb digi's anyday as this was just nows result. iv had ics this faint all last week and decided to do a cb digi just for the sake just now and im really glad i did!

best of luck to all those ttc! :dust:

Attachments

• for cath.jpg
    for cath.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 29
so this was todays. cheapie opks are still light but cb digi is darker and still :) i ovulate today!! if i hadnt have taken cb digi i would have missed o :happydance:

Attachments

• P120904003.jpg
    P120904003.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 12
I'm glad you posted this! I've been using these but I was worried because my lines have not been as dark as the control line. I got my positive last night, but the line was the same as my negative line the night before so I disregarded it. I'm now using the CB non-digis and I HATE them. Totally negative! Now I'm starting to think that CB digi's detect ovulation earlier and that's why the others are all still negative. At least, I hope that's the case!

i def dont trust cheapies anymore. are cb non digis blue dye? cos iv heard blue dyes are even worse. and frer opks are terrible too! so i would def invest in some cb digi opks. iv only used them once before but i used them with conceive plus lube this time so fxd it works!

get them off ebay too as theyre cheaper xx

i def dont trust cheapies anymore. are cb non digis blue dye? cos iv heard blue dyes are even worse. and frer opks are terrible too! so i would def invest in some cb digi opks. iv only used them once before but i used them with conceive plus lube this time so fxd it works!

get them off ebay too as theyre cheaper xx

Why are first response terrible? I read this somewhere else but never hear the reason why. I used them for a couple months, but I kept getting positives in the morning and negatives at night so I stopped. I just can't afford the CB digi's every month! We've been going at this for 18 months now, so I've spent somewhere around 450 bucks on CD digi's alone. I can't figure out why they're the only reliable ones out there!

i have never tried the frer ones only read a lot of negative reviews about them never being positive. i found them cheaper on ebay and bought a pack of 20 and used 3-5 a month. used the cheapies but then on what i think was around my fertile phase i used them and got :) faces.

i have heard that the blue handle opks are not as good as the green ones. so that might be worth trying if we dont catch this month? but i dont want to get into the whole ttc madness and stress. we have been trying since may 2010 and mcd in march our #1 and decided to start using opks after that so im not an expert. but iv read a lot of ladies wanting to know which are best and found that these are for me xxx

i totally agree ic are a waste of time ive had 3 what look like to be positives in 1 month im not reading thwm wrong becz the control line and test line were the exact sam colour so ive wasted a load of hcg test on testing when i didnt even ovulate if it wasnt for cm id have no idea when i ovulated becz also my af is very irregular so i cant predict when ovulation will accour

p.s i was using the blue handle opks ic ive seen other women post there results with green handle opks and they seem more reliable

Yeah I think if I didn't catch this month then ill be trying green handle ones xx

so this was todays. as you can see the opk didnt get any darker when i was ovulating :(

Attachments

• P120905001.jpg
    P120905001.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 12
so this was todays. as you can see the opk didnt get any darker when i was ovulating :(

Ok.... so this is exactly what has been happening to me with the CB digitals. I will get a positive for about 24 hours, then it will be negative the next morning. I always thought it was because I had ovulated...

I finally got fed up with those crappy non-digitals. I took another one this morning with FMU and was still unsure if it was positive or negative. The line was just a hair lighter than the control. So I said screw it and sprung for a 20 pack of the digitals, and got a BLARING positive with SMU. And this time, the line is WAY darker than the control. I've been using the CB digitals for over a year now, and never had a line darker than the control... AND, I've never had positives for more than 24 hours. This cycle is definately weird.... but I'm with you now, I will never go back to the non-digitals after what I've seen this month.

fmu is the worst or opks. youre meant to hold pee for about 2 hrs and they say take one around 2-4pm

glad i converted you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->