For those who had unplanned pregnancies...

Oops the above was supposed to be a new question under the kids forum; not an answer to this question, sorry.

To answer this question- my daughter was very obviously unplanned and she'll undoubtedly figure that out on her own. I hope shes never hurt by it. Shes the best thing thats ever happened to me.

I've not had any children but I was unplanned myself. My parents never made a secret of it......they got pregnant went with me after one month together :dohh: and they were very shocked to find out that I was on the way. It doesn't upset me at all to be honest, these things happen and they've never shown any sign of resentment towards me. I reckon i'm the best thing thats ever happened to them :smug: :rofl:

If it happened to me though, i'd just tell them they were a happy surprise. I think there is a difference between telling a child they were unplanned and actually demonstrating disappointment about it.

Well it's a bit obvious at the moment as her father and I aren't married and are quite young, obviously she will only ever remember mum & dad being together etc, so I think we'll just not say anything on the matter unless it comes up, if she asks I will probably be straight with her, that we had her a little younger than we had planned but have loved her since we knew she was growing inside of me. I don't want to paint an unrealistic picture of what it is like to have a child when you are 18/19 years old, but I would say we are quite lucky and generally happy. She is loved by many, many people.. I think it will be okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->