For those WHO weaned early...

Thanks girls!

Makes interesting reading!
I personally don't think feeding my LO baby rice will help him sleep through. My OH seems very keen to give him some though and we fell out about it the other day! People keep telling him to do it, as it will make Lo sleep though! I'm not keen, as he shows no interest in food and is happy and settled after a feed.

i will be showing my Oh the posts about not helping them sleep thru to prove we can wait! LOl he isn't even the one who does the night feeds *rolls eyes*

IMO Your baby isnt ready if he is content on his milk and gaining weight well xx

I weaned Jasmine at around 3 months. She never had colic problems, she slept through earlier then that. But she developed reflux at 2 months and was in alot of pain and constantly having small bottles. It was a nightmare.

The weaning went great, she was always very strong and was well past holding her head up. I gave her some in the evening to help her feel more comfortable in sleep.

She is perfectly healthy and has no sicknesses or health problems that I can tell. And she will eat anything now.

Thanks girls!

Makes interesting reading!
I personally don't think feeding my LO baby rice will help him sleep through. My OH seems very keen to give him some though and we fell out about it the other day! People keep telling him to do it, as it will make Lo sleep though! I'm not keen, as he shows no interest in food and is happy and settled after a feed.

i will be showing my Oh the posts about not helping them sleep thru to prove we can wait! LOl he isn't even the one who does the night feeds *rolls eyes*

IMO Your baby isnt ready if he is content on his milk and gaining weight well xx

That's my opinion to, and i think I have finally got my OH in agreement! :)

NoSringChick : I just read your post and i agree it shouldn't be so controversal. Every baby isn't the same *hugs* and i was weaned at like 3 months and did me no harm

thank you everyone for your replies :D it's all something i will bear in mind

Landon was weaned early, but at the time that was the recommendation. He was a little over 3mo. He hasn't had anything bad happen or anything, BUT he does have very bad eczema and the drs have agreed now with the research there is now it could be from starting early.

Ive had that same experience,

My eldest was the only one of my children to be weened early (on the advice of the HV, she was 3.5 months)

Shes also the only one of my children to have eczema and allergies to dogs, cats, horses etc,
It may or may not have been because of the early weening.

But it did improve her reflux (the reason i was advices to ween early)

Ive just been given the same advice for Jamie for the same reason but i think i will wait as long as i can xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->