For those who's LO's have eczema

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I had baby eczema and it flares up every now and again as an adult. For the past couple of weeks, my LO has a red rash on her neck, scalp, back of ears and chin/cheeks area. It hasn't been that noticeable but she hasn't been well the last couple of days so it's flared up. I'm guessing this is baby eczema.
I've always used non bio washing powder, I use simple baby products (no perfume etc in them) and I've started using E45 junior cream.
Is there anything else I can do?

Our doctor gave us doublebase gel which is great but for more severe cases. It sounds like your doing all you can. I would try to keep lo from getting too warm aswel.

Our doctor gave us doublebase gel which is great but for more severe cases. It sounds like your doing all you can. I would try to keep lo from getting too warm aswel.

I think that's why it's flared up because she's got a bit of a high temp at the moment (37.4). The nurse said its a viral rash but because she's had a couple of weeks and everything I've read points to eczema.

I've trying to work this out for my LO also. I've not tried much but a bit breastmilk mixed with coconut oil in a clean container kept in the fridge. I've tried looking for some baby aveeno and will try that out to. I'm texting to stay away from the steroids creams and see how we go. Also I ordered a probiotic supplement for LO and will see how that comes too

Epiderm is avaible from the pharmacy for around 3pounds I've used that since ds was 5 months old, he has really bad eczema, also olatium (that's spelt wrong I think) in the bath and double base is brilliant !!

I am not sure it works for everyone but my toddler gets a small patch of it on his face and nothing worked until we tried CJs cream. The product seems to work great for all sorts so it could be worth a try if you haven't already.

Epiderm, diprobase and oilatum bath stuff are good for mild eczema but if it doesnt clear up you will need to see a doctor who will probably give you a steroid cream or even refer you to a dermatologist if that doesnt work.

My lo has always had eczema since birth and it got worse at 4 months when he learnt to scratch and we ended up seeing a dermatologist when if was really bad and all over his body and he was so unhappy cos he was so itchy and couldnt sleep at night!

Hes much better now we've found creams that work but it does flare up when hes unwell.

See your doctor. Both my boys have had eczema and with my first I tried loads of creams but they all made it worse - both over the counter ones and prescription ones! They've both used diprobase cream and hydromol bath stuff & hydromol emollient for when it's bad.

We also bath every other night instead of every night. We find the bath dries him out much more. Then lotion immediately out of the bath when the skin is still a little damp to help lock in the moisture.

My little girl has horrible eczema. She gets it on her face and head. My dr has prescribed her a non steroid cream called elidel and it is amazing. It doesn't work as fast as steroid cream but is soooooooo much better for her skin and works to get rid of the eczema and keep it away, not just get rid of the symptoms like steroid creams. Be careful using steroid creams especially on the face as they thin the skin, make it prone to bleeding and sunburn and help produce a more drug resistant eczema. Not what you want! After using elidel, hazels flare ups are small, managable and few and far between.

My LO had it very bad, all over her entire body..after getting the cream from the doctor which cleared it up right away, I began using Aveeno baby lotion Eczema on her every morning and night along with Aveeno baby bath (oat formula) and she has had 0 flare ups for the last 9 months..she sometimes gets red on her ears which I apply the cream to but nothing like what she had in the beginning..I think this is because I still use Aveeno lotion daily and bath her with Aveeno bath

My DD has eczema it got really bad whist we were at my MIL who has a cat- it dissapears as soon as we have been home a few days- therefore we have realised her eczema flares up because of the cat- if you have any pets see if you can get her allergy tested :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->