For those whose first baby was early....

SamsMum

Reaction score
....was your second early too?

Hello all.....my first baby was born at 35 weeks and it's got me wondering what will happen this time around! Just wondered if anyone with early first baby's also had an early second?

Thanks!

xxx

My first was born at 38+4 days and second was born at 38+2. I am now 38+1 and so far nothing but false contractions, hoping baby comes soon! You never know...was there a reason your first was born at 35 weeks?

Thanks for replying :0) He was breech and my waters went unexpectedly.... I've read through research after the even that breech babies can mean the amniotic sac is bit imbalanced but nothing definite! The hospital didn't seem to give a reason. x

As long as he was healthy that's all that matters ;-). My friend had her baby at 34 weeks due to placenta previa, which was really scary. I guess when the baby comes is all dependent on when he/she is ready. I know with me they both came at 38 weeks and I am going nuts now bc I am 38 weeks and no baby yet lol. Lots of luck to you!!!!!

I had my first at 38-2. Am now 40-4 and nothing happening! :-(

I had A at 27+4 and T was my second, born at 40+2.

We still dont know why A came early

My first was born at 37 weeks. Had my 30 week scan there last week and was asking my doctor if I am likely to go early again, and she said that because my waters went first, then contractions, I was unlikely to go early again, whereas if it had started with contractions rather than the waters breaking, then you are more likely to go early again. That's what she reckoned anyway! :shrug:

Hi hun,My DS1 was born at 35+5 and my DS2 was born 40+3! And that's only because DH and I (ahem) evicted him otherwise he would probably still be in there now cooking away he was so comfy! lol, but I know how you feel I was so worried I'd go early again!
Good luck with it all xx

A friend of mine had pre-e so she got induced at 34 weeks, with her first. With her second she went to 37.5 weeks.

Ive been wondering the same thing! I had my daughter at 37 weeks, im 36 and 1 day now... i dont think it does mean your likely to go early x

Ive been wondering the same thing! I had my daughter at 37 weeks, im 36 and 1 day now... i dont think it does mean your likely to go early x

I agree. Every baby develops at different rates. Outside of a high stress situation or a medical issue or an induction (and sometimes even those fail), the way labor starts is the babys lungs get to a certain development, that sends hormones to the mom, then labor begins. The rate a baby develops can vary from one child to another (even in the same mom). My first came at nearly 42 weeks. My second at 38 weeks. Im totally unsure of what to expect this time...i think im just going to plan on going super far overdue, and if she comes a little early than that will be a nice surprise lol. But as you can see, i was for certain on ov. dates (i was BBTing), and yet one baby need an entire extra month verses the second. So there is def variability. Some women do get their kids out around the same time, but i dont think that happens all too often. and there was probably a genetic component invovled with lung development and such (or maybe needing to be induced due to a medical event each time, like having Pre-E both times, for example)

I had my first at 35+4 b/c of pre-e. This time, I'm at 34 & hoping to get to 39!! :)

First born at 39+1
Second born at 39
Third born at 40+4

It's totally possible!

I was wondering this too,part of my waters went in my 35th week but I didn't go into labour and just presumed I was imagining things so didn't get checked out. Got to 39.5 and they said they had gone and had to be induced. So I was wondering if the same was likely again

My first was born at 37 weeks. Had my 30 week scan there last week and was asking my doctor if I am likely to go early again, and she said that because my waters went first, then contractions, I was unlikely to go early again, whereas if it had started with contractions rather than the waters breaking, then you are more likely to go early again. That's what she reckoned anyway! :shrug:

Eek! My little girl arrived at 37 weeks, started with contractions and they had to break my waters in the end. So will be interesting to see if your doctor is right!

I always heard that first baby was more likely to be late and second baby early (quicker labour too) x

Baby #1-36 weeks 3 days
Baby #2-37 weeks 5 days
Baby #3-36 weeks 5 days
Baby #4-37 weeks 3 days
Baby #5-38 weeks 6 days
Baby #6-I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant

I was told to expect my second early as I had my first at 36 weeks but I ended up being induced 3 days passed my due date x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->