For those whose LO are sleeping thru

When you say your LO goes from xx to xx, is that the time you started to put them to bed or the actual time they went to sleep?

If Chloe feeds at 9pm she will not actually be asleep until 10pm then will wake at 2am, back to sleep at 3am and wake again at 6am.
So do I say she went 9-2 or 10-2??

Sorry, just curious x

I've read on websites and books that sleeping through the night means about 5-6 hours for infants. Especially if you're breastfeeding... you shouldn't go for more than 6-7 hours without breastfeeding to be able to maintain your supply.

My 10 week old sleeps for about 7 hours- waking up at 3am for a feed. I call that sleeping through the night in baby's sense. Not for me or hubby though...

When you say your LO goes from xx to xx, is that the time you started to put them to bed or the actual time they went to sleep?

If Chloe feeds at 9pm she will not actually be asleep until 10pm then will wake at 2am, back to sleep at 3am and wake again at 6am.
So do I say she went 9-2 or 10-2??

Sorry, just curious x

I would say 10... that's when she actually fell asleep.

We put our little guy down at about 8 pm and then hubby DF's him between 11 and midnight. After that, he'll generally sleep through until about 7 am. However, the past few days he's woken up at about 5'ish for his dummy (that and he got a bit panicky after waking up in a strange position -- face first into the crib bars and with one arm sticking out :rofl:).

when you say your LO is sleeping through the night, do they wake for feeds ?
Our little girl is nearly 4 months and still wakes for a feed at about 1am and 5am,taking 5 oz each time but then goes straight back to sleep.

Nope, she goes to bed between 8 and 10 and will sleep straight thru to 6 or 7am.

dex used to sleep through until he hit three months old, now he wakes at least 3 times a night even worse if he ill. He is breastfed though which I think makes quite a difference.

I think sleeping through means when they dont wake at all for anything.

Seren has slept through since about 6weeks old, without waking for a bottle.
The dummy helped ALOT. She used to wake up when her dummy fell out, put it back in then she went straight asleep. This stopped after about 2-3weeks, and she used to spit the dummy out herself not long after falling asleep

Ruby has slept through since 6 weeks old with last feed being her dreamfeed at 10.30pm ish. First morning feed between 7.30am and 8.30am. When teething she sometimes does a little cry in her sleep which wakes us up but not her!

Our lo tends to sleep from 11pm until 8 or 9am without waking, on very rare occasions she will wake at 5am for a feed but will go straight back to sleep until 9am when she does that.....can't seem to get her to bed earlier than 11pm though.....guess we can't have everything!

Andrew seems to know the difference between day and night, and goes straight back to sleep after his night-time feeds. Sometimes he'll go 5 or 6 hours overnight, other times (like last night) he's awake after only 4 hours and wanting a feed. Effectively he's "in bed" from his early evening feed (8ish) until the next morning (8ish).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->