For those who've had a girl & a boy- big difference in weight gain?

missy1

Reaction score
With my first pregnancy (a girl) I gained 2 and a half stone (35 pounds) but with this pregnancy (a boy) I've only gained 1 and a half stone (21 pounds) I'm 39 weeks now and I had my daughter at 39 weeks. I have not been watching what I am eating and just have the same eating habits as last time.
I thought it was an old wives tale but has anyone else gained more with a girl than a boy?
My bump is also a lot more to the front this time, like someone has put a beachball up my top lol. With my girl my bump was more all round and my hips and waist were thicker I'm sure

I was the opposite with my first girl and boy! This time its a boy and im carrying him how i did both my girls, less weight gain and tidier bump? Although i have to say im alot more active now so that helps alot with weight gain x

I have 2 girls and am now pregnant with my 2nd boy. It is safe to say boys don't like me very much! I put on 7lb with both my girl pregnancies and 7 stone with my 1st son. So far with this little man at last weigh in I had put on 13lb x

My weight gain was about the same, with my daughter, she was extremely high, I was very small, all out front and with my son he was low (that was due to my pregnancy..) and my bump was wider instead of all in the front, but I was also very tiny with him too.

With this pregnancy I have lost 12 pounds

It seems to have some truth for me lol with my daughter i gained 65 lbs. With my son i again ate what i wanted and all but only gained 20 lbs. This time with a girl i am 30 weeks and already up 19lbs. I dont think i will get to the 65 lbs but deff more than with my son xx

With my son I gained 32 pounds and with my daughter I gained about 43 pounds. This pregnancy I haven't gained any weight yet except mabye a couple pounds.

I gained about the same both times. My bump was the same too. In fact the only thing different with my pregnancies was my MS- started at 6 weeks with my son and 15 weeks with my daughter.

I gained 26 lbs with my girl.. I wanted fast food, sweets and junk with her. I carried low & ended up much bigger with her. With my boy I gained 18 lbs and wanted meat all the time.. meals, snacking wouldn't cut it. I carried high with him.

Well I can't take from my own experience but I know my sister gained about 60 lbs with all 3 girl pregnancies, and only gained about 20 when she had a boy!

I gained 70lbs with my boy - so far this time I've only gained 17lbs... team yellow so only time will tell :)

I didnt put much weight on with my daughter, in fact it all went on my boobs which i was happy about, but when i was pregnant with my son 4 years later, i put on stones :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->