For those who've had an early scan ...

loveylove

Reaction score
My midwife called today to introduce herself and gather some pregnancy history... she decided that since I've had an ectopic, 2 miscarriages and 1 missed misscarriage that I need to be booked for an early scan..

Question.. for those who have had a scan at 7 weeks, what did you see? I'm assuming by this time they expect to see sac, embryo and fetal pole? My scan isn't until 10th March so I've got a few weeks to obsess over this lol

Grstational sac, yolk sac and baby with heartbeat 😊

Good luck x

at 7 weeks i saw gestational sac, yolk sac, and baby with a heart rate of 134 :baby:

My babies all looked like little blobs at that point, but my doctor's ultrasound machine is about as old as my mother. Haha. But yes, baby (embryo), yolk, sac, heartbeat!!!

as others have said...you can see everything including heartbeat.

In the US it is pretty common practice to U/S at 6 weeks to date you.

I had a scan at 7+6 and saw a kind of baby shaped blob with a heartbeat. Was lovely 💕

I had one at 7+2 and saw a little blob with a heartbeat 😃

as others have said...you can see everything including heartbeat.

In the US it is pretty common practice to U/S at 6 weeks to date you.

In the UK you only get a 12 week dating scan and a 20 week growth scan. Although in each of my pregnancies they've found a reason to do a few extra.

I was almost 7 weeks (6 weeks 5 days) and we could see the little guy, his yolk sac, and his heartbeat flickering away. We had another done at 8 weeks (I think, it might have been closer to 9 though) and his yolk sac was gone and he looked like a little gummy bear lol. Hope this helps! :)

With DS I had a scan at 6 weeks and saw a blob with a heartbeat. With this one I had a scan at 6+2 and only saw a yolk sac with no heartbeat. Got another scan at 8+4 and the heartbeat was 173! Dr. said between 6 and 7 weeks it is hit or miss that you see the heartbeat but after 7 weeks you should see it for sure! Congrats and FX your scan goes beautifully!!

I saw everything with the beginning of a heart beat at 6w 6days, measuring 6w, 2 days. The heart beat was low so they said the baby's heart just started beating. A day or two earlier and we wouldn't have seen it. 10 days later, it was measuring ahead at 8 weeks with a heart beat of 151. I only give you that information because I read so many seeing heart beats at under 6w and at 6w and that isn't always the case. It is the case a lot of times but I don't want you to worry either.

I've had 2 MC- one was a blighted ovum. What I can say, is if they don't see anything or just the yolk sac, it usually is not a good sign at 7 weeks. But if they see a fetal pole or fetal pole with heart beat - you're in good shape.

I had a scan at 7+2 and I could see heartbeat, head, arms & legs. It was lovely.

I saw baby with heartbeat :) the shape is like a baby shape but quite blob like. I was 7+2 at my scan.
There's a picture in my journal

Congratulations, I hope ur scan date comes round quickly xx

So they booked me for an ultrasound today, hubby took several hours away from work, paid for parking etc., waited two hours for my appointment, and they said it was a booking mistake and he refused to do it :( SO, I'm booked in next week at 6 weeks 2 days. The OB seems very confident he'll get a heartbeat - ?! I was thinking there was a pretty good chance, but still wouldn't be surprised at all if still too early. What do you think the chances are? I would have been so happy today just to see the gestational sad and yolk sac... MAYBE fetal pole. Ugh.

So what do you think? Heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days?! Or is he being over confident?

Sorry to hijack your thread :haha: <3

I didn't see a heartbeat at 6+2; however, the machine that my Dr used was straight out of the 80's. I'd say you have a good chance of seeing the heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->