For those with stretch marks.. Will you wear a bikini?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I go on holiday this week and I'm just in the process of packing. I got a patch of stretch marks around my hipbone area on both sides. The were quite angry looking when pregnant but now they have faded a lot, I was thinking that getting a bit of sun on them would make them look loads better.. But I'm not sure if I'm comfy wearing a bikini now.
I've packed a couple of bikinis, but I know if I pack a one piece too that I will just end up wearing that all holiday. Whereas if I only pack my bikinis, I'll have no choice. My belly is also not as toned as it used to be and I can't seem to get rid of the little pouch I have but I don't think there's much I'll be able to do about that.

What are your thoughts on bikinis?

I don't think I'll ever wear one again, I was covered and still am, very angrily even after almost 12mo.

I've bought some gorgeous tankinis, and a one piece, and I think they're lovely so I'm looking forward to them.

I'm too self conscious about them to wear a bikini even though my rational mind say really no one will care.

I got quite a bit on my hips, they have faded a lot and aren't that obvious but still noticeable. I wore a bikini. A full suit wouldn't hide it anyway, but either way I'm not ashamed.

I'd wear a bikini. No one cares what you look like on holiday (as in no ones going to be looking and saying oh god look at her wearing that with stretch marks!!). As long as you feel comfortable that's all that matters.

Last time the few stretchies I got were on the bottom of my tummy so not visable in knickers/bikini bottoms. This time they are all around my belly button and they are quite angry. My tummy is also a fabbly mess at the mo, so I personally will go with a tankini (Next had some one piece suits that looked like tankinis so they helps to hold everything in!) It all depends how confident you feel as I didn't feel that great in swimwear when I was a few stone and two babies lighter!

I'm not ashamed, I'm just self conscious and would feel really uncomfortable and that I was being looked at

I'm not ashamed, I'm just self conscious and would feel really uncomfortable and that I was being looked at

Same here. Its not an ashamed of them thing, I'm proud of how I got them as I do love my kids and they are worth the marks. But I am self conscious about them, and prefer not to "have them on display", I guess. I stick to one piece suits. I had a TON of stretchies with DS1. They are pretty faded now, but still obvious that I had a ton.

You should wear whatever you feel comfortable in hun, if you think you will be embarassed then don't wear it, if you think you should feel embarassed but don't, embrace yourself and wear it! Stretchmarks don't bother me at all, I don't have many but I've had them on show as my swimming costume shows my upper thigh/hip ones mine are the finer more silvery ones. The reason I haven't worn a bikini yet (apart from the fact we haven't been on holiday :haha:) is my little pouch, I am self conscious of that, so I am sticking to tankinis and swimming costumes, but when that flattens out and I have toned up (it's already looking much better I am confident I will get it back to a standard I am happy with) I will get my belly out no matter how many stretch marks there are. Stretch marks don't make me self conscious, just that wobbly, untoned tummy. But I can guarantee I wouldn't even notice looking at anyone else!!!

I never wear a bikini because my boobs are too big and I never find one that fits and supports them well! I wouldn't let my stretch marks stop me from wearing one! I only got them in one small area, right on top of my tattoo... So my tat is now a bit weird looking lol... But if I could find a nice fitting bikini, I would wear one!! Probably with shorts as opposed to little pants though :p

Personally I'd never wear one again, because my stomach is absolutely covered all around my hips, my back & up my belly to my belly button.
If they fade to white I may wear one if I'm ever toned again!
I'd wear one if I were you as you say they've faded and you only have a few small xxx

I wouldn't but because of my big flabby belly not my stretch marks! Wear what you're comfortable in :)

I have some with high waisted bottoms - covers stretchies and pouch. 50s style is most flattering on me anyway - shortarse with big boobs

I have loads of stretch marks and they are everywhere (stomach, hips, thighs, legs, arms) because I gained 70lbs while pregnant, and my genes were also primed for it.

I still notice them fading, even 2+ years after giving birth, and I am slooowly coming to terms with them.

So yes, I would wear a bikini with stretch marks. However, I still have quite a bit of weight to lose and more than a little toning to do before I wear a bikini! But if I were in better shape I would do it. :)

I went abroad when ds was 9 months old and didn't wear one. They were still red and they come up to my belly button so were very noticable. Im going abroad next year and its my mission to feel comfortable in a bikini. For me its not about whether you've got stretch marks or not its about how comfortable you feel in what you wearing. My friends wear bikinis with stretch marks and i've never thought anything off it. If your going to feel comfortable and confidant in your bikinis then go for it, but if your going to spend your holiday feel self conscious then go for a tankini or one peice.

I haven't and I probably wouldn't mine are horrendous I literally have the map of the world on my stomach! I wouldn't feel comfortable but if I did, I would

I would but my stretch marks are mainly on the tops of my thighs, so even if I wore a swimsuit they'd be on show.

With my tummy as fat as it is now, no, but if I was the size I wanted to be then it wouldn't bother me. I much prefer the high waisted bikinis though and these are a great option. I have them on my thighs and boobs too from pregnancy and these are often partly on show and they don't really bother me nor do I think anyone else notices.

Yes. I had preeclampsia with DD so exploded in the last few weeks of my pregnancy resulting in terrible stretch marks from my breasts all the way down to my legs. I hate them but they mean so much to me and I know nothing in the world will change them so I rock what I've got! :D

Yep. We will be going on holiday in 3 weeks...I'll be wearing a bikini. I don't really care what other people think....

Nope I wear tankinis my stretch marks are horrendous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->