For those with stretch marks.. Will you wear a bikini?

I didn't really get stretchmarks the first time but 2nd time round I have about 15 really red ones all beside my belly button so ud see in a bikini.
On holiday I will still wear a bikini. When I used to go on 18-30 style holidays I always felt much fatter than my friends but when I got there I never really cared as it was so hot and there was always worse around the pool.
Maybe just pack the bikinis, I bet the first day u feel self conscious then ul feel how hot it is and end up not caring?
Plus it's always better to get a tanned tummy!

My stretchmarks have faded a lot, but they are still really thick and noticeable. I'm probably going to stick to high waisted bikinis x

Before I got pregnant I already had a lot of stretchmarks from puberty/obesity. I lost 5 stone before my wedding and dropped from a size 18 down to a size 10. Damn right I wore a bikini on holiday, stretch marks and all!! ;)

Once I'm down to that size again I will definitely wear a bikini, I owe it to the chunky girl inside me that dreamed of doing it for so long!

I've never worn one, not even as a teenager and everyone used to think I was ridiculous but I've always hated my stomach. I know I'm not fat but my stomach has never been flat and it's always been the part of my body I've hated the most so that plus a few stretch marks there's no way I'll ever wear one!

I've got pretty bad stretch marks all over my stomach and hips and some on my thighs. I would wear a bikini though if I was happy with the size and shape of my post-pregnancy body! I'm proud of the stretch marks but really hate my shape right now and need to do something about it :( my cellulite is out of control, probably because I'm eating dairy again.

not even sure I would brave a tankini just now! maybe next year :)

I have (white, but they're there!) stretch marks on both hips, lower abdomen, and inner thighs. After 7 years they have lightened, but I definitely wear a bikini. My skin also has lost a lot of elasticity, but I'm perfectly comfortable wearing a bikini. You honestly can't even notice them unless you're close up, like I said they turned white years ago after losing all EIGHTY-FIVE lbs I gained from pregnancy lol. Working out has gotten my body back. It's not perfect, but I like it :) I guess it's whatever you would be comfortable with! No one is going to judge you for wearing a bikini with stretch marks. For God's sake, a massive amount of women get them with pregnancy.

I wouldn't but that's because I have a big tummy and feel self conscious about it. If I was skinnier but still had my stretch marks I wouldn't care! I have some horrific ones as genetically all women in my family suffer badly with stretch marks.

Yup! No one cares especially on holiday and you'll see plenty of ladies who are bigger/saggier/more cellulite than you!

No :-( I got them so badly from dd1 from belly button down across to both hip bones. Looks awful even when toned.

I've told dh he's getting me laser surgery when we are done having kids-then I might walk around everywhere in a bikini :haha:

I won't but that's because of my horrible new shape rather than my stretch marks.

I do, I probably shouldn't with my big fat belly but I'm okay with it on holiday. It's my fat arse/thighs that bother me more so I wore shorts over my bikini bottoms xx

If I just had stretch marks and the body for a bikini I would but its not the stretch marks that stop me its the mounts of fat and cellulite and hanging bits. I couldnt wear one before or after kids anyway.

Ive never worn one,even before my kids were born.I prefer a 1 piece lol.

I have stretch marks all over my legs so unless I wear a burkini Nigella Lawson style then people will be seeing my stretch marks :haha:

We went to turkey in 2012 and i worn bikinis on that holiday.
My stomach is covered in stretchies from my first pregnancy but they have faded and are silvery now. But there are so many of them it makes my tummy look wrinkly. I wore bottoms that covered the worse part and just enjoyed the sun xx

I have silvery stretch marks on my hip bones and thighs which I'm not really bothered by. It's the ones on my stomach that are awful. It looks all wrinkled and saggy, yuck! I've bought high rise shorts and tankini tops. The shorts cover well, so I could have gone for a bikini top I suppose without revealing anything too horrific!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->