"Forced" to use certain letters for names!

I like the name Alek.

I suggest if you just want to pick your own names just tell everyone that you are t revealing the name until the baby is born. Once they see that precious baby opinions seem to be less
Important. That's what we've seen people do who don't want opinions on what they chose and it was fun to here the reveal when we met baby.

Well, I truly do appreciate everyone's insight. Obviously the choice is mine, was just feeling stuck with so much pressure. Thanks guys :)

My in laws said I had to use a particular middle name for a boy and fil keeps going on about a female version of the name for a girl.
I just said no and that's the end of it.
Xx

Glad to see other people feel the same way as me! I'm not even pregnant yet and my MIL made a comment yesterday that we should use a particular name as a middle name 'in honour' of someone in their family. I'm sorry but no, we're going to name our child what we like!

Do you plan to have more children after this? If so, since you already like a female name with those initials you could just tell your mom that if it's not a girl this time then there's a chance the initials will show up next round.

Either way, I do agree it's really your and your partner's decision. I understand it being hard to want to keep the peace though! That's one reason DH and I chose to not tell our name choices until DD was born.

Sebastian
Seth
Samuel

Alexander
Alfie
Archie

Sienna
Sophia
Skylar

Abbey
Alannah
Amelie
Alexia
Aurelia

Arthur
Albert (nn Albie)
Alexander
Atticus
Austin
Aaron

Seth
Solomon
Sebastian
Samson
Sage
Sidney
Silas
Simian

Don't feel forced into names you don't love, we are honouring my dad in middle name ... why dont you try that instead, its not like you need to honour all the relatives in the first child maybe a name with alex middle name for first child and s middle name for second?

My mom is pretty pushy and demanding too. She is also queen of guilt trips! It's easy for ppl to say "tell her no way" but I always feel obligated to make my mom happy too. I argued about names my whole pregnancy and kept telling my mom that she had a chance to name her children, and now it was my chance to name MY child. In the end though, the day my son was born - I ended up going with a different name on my list! I changed last minute bc my mom hated the other name, and loved this one. I still picked a name I loved - and truthfully - i'm glad I ended up going with a name my mom loved too.

"A" names I like: Asher, Austin, Andrew, Arlo, Angelo, Ashton, Alexander (nn. Xander if you prefer?), Anthony

"S" names I like: Sam, Sebastian, Skyler, Sage, Sawyer, Shea, Shayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"