foremilk all of a sudden.....

mystika802

Reaction score
So I breast feed Charlie exclusively but I pump extra for when hes older to put in his food. Now yesterday and today its been really watery....usually when I pump and it seperates its almost all hindmilk, thick and creamy but the last 2 days Im getting like 2 oz of watery milk when I pump. Any ideas why that might be? Should I dump the foremilk before I freeze it?

Nothing wrong with foremilk its just got less fat in it.. Still breast milk x

Ive been getting this the last week or so (since cutting gluten out as well as everything else) the pediatrician said it was because I wasn't taking in enough fats - I pumped yesterday and got nearly 3.5 oz of foremilk :dohh:
He said if she didn't need the neocate and it was just dairy free that I needed to be he'd recommend lots of nuts, oily fish, more fatty proteins etc.
He also thought it might have contributed to her increased symptoms in the last few days despite the dieting.

If your pumping to put in food i'd not worry to much, if your pumping to feed then yeah I'd chuck some away as it very high lactose an will irritate his tum

Ive been getting this the last week or so (since cutting gluten out as well as everything else) the pediatrician said it was because I wasn't taking in enough fats - I pumped yesterday and got nearly 3.5 oz of foremilk :dohh:
He said if she didn't need the neocate and it was just dairy free that I needed to be he'd recommend lots of nuts, oily fish, more fatty proteins etc.
He also thought it might have contributed to her increased symptoms in the last few days despite the dieting.

If your pumping to put in food i'd not worry to much, if your pumping to feed then yeah I'd chuck some away as it very high lactose an will irritate his tum

So your appointment went well?
I got over 2oz of foremilk this morning. I guess it makes sense to chalk it up to my diet since I have nothing with dairy or milk protein. He gets the odd bottle (hes had 4 in total so far) but I have a full deep freezer of pumped milk that I will just use once hes older to put in home made baby food, Ill have to see also if I can use the 6 weeks or so worth before I stopped eating dairy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->