Forgot how much I hate AF when not on bcp!

WDWJess

Pregnant with 4th!
Reaction score
For me bcp covers up a lot of nasties the :witch: brings with her, I usually feel sad and get hot flashes day or two before she arrives and get mild cramping first couple of days and that's it.

I came off bcp in July and first breakthrough bleed was normal but this cycle is hellish.

Firstly I've had every pg symptom under the sun so I was utterly convinced I was pg. Then 8 hours before she arrived I had excruciating cramps in my uterus and through my lower back I thought I was going to be sick coz of the pain. Incidently I had these same excutiating pains the evening before I got my bfp with my DS so I was very surprised to see AF arrive!

CD2 today and the cramping, backache and nausea is doing my head in.

Sorry for the boring rant just needed to moan to someone about the stupid :witch: as its not like my DH understands :haha:

I completely understand!! This is my first normal period since coming off.

On BC I had the worst cramping, was so unbearable but the good thing was that it only lasted a couple of days and I wasn't heavy! Now, i'm off BC I am the complete opposite. Usually by day 3 I would be starting to come off but I am sooo heavy, having to change my pad a lot more than on BC, its horrible!! I used to complain all the time about the cramping but I think i would prefer the cramping now to this lol..

Us ladies just don't get it easy do we!! Sigh..

Ha funny how we are all different! I had heavy flow on bcp and so far this has been light-medium off bcp!

Welcome Lmcv84 bcp is short for birth control pill.

My periods are so much worse since coming off bcp a year ago. They are pretty light but so painful :( I hate it

My periods are so much worse since coming off bcp a year ago. They are pretty light but so painful :( I hate it

Sucks doesnt it? But I know it'll be worth it when we get that BFP :happydance:

Oh hun hope you feel better soon, sounds awful. Well I swear mine are far worse since having my daughter who is 21 months old! I am crazy women the week before!! My job is stressful anyway but every month I nearly walk out!
I never get sore boobs but did this month which was really cruel as I thought I was pregnant. Its not fair as the symptoms are the same! xxx

Oh ladies may I join? I completely feel your pain! I stopped getting my period completely while on Bcp, which doc said was fine but now I'm in my third month TTC and they are so bad I'm forced to take Vicodin as pain medication...I had to call into work too. This is misery and I'm wondering if it's normal or a sign of a problem...good luck to you all...

I feel your pain! I stopped BCP back about 6 months ago and my AF have been terribly painful and heavy. I originally started on the pill because of the painful cramps I would get. Hoping for a BFP very soon so I don't have to deal with AF again! Good luck and baby dust!

I also stopped bcp in July. Here is how my cycles off the pill: AF came on time Aug 5th lasted 5 days with cramps, next cycle AF started Aug 21st lasted only for 2 days without no cramps I was schocked! While I was on BCP AF lasted between 6 to 7 days heavy with horrible cramps. It would be nice if AF will always last for only 2 days! I wonder what this month will bring? FX for you ladies that you will receive your BFP's very soon!

So nice to hear from you all ladies but not nice in the way that AF treats us! My cramping seems to have subdued a little overnight so feeling better but I keep feeling what I think is ovulation pain?!
Here's to us all getting BFP's very soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"