form for maternity leave?

lisa_33

Reaction score
hey ladies, hope your all doing well. was wondering where u get the forms and when u have to hand them in. i was at mw yesterday and forgot to ask her n my next app isnt untill 20th may. i am just a bit concerned that i hand it in to late or something hehe!! i sooo cant wait to stop working!! xx

cant u phone n ask her to fill and post u one out ? fx it wont be late x

hey hunny, my MW gave me my MATB1 form at my 20 week scan, but i have no idea who im supposed to give it to at work, my supervisor told me to post it to a certain person, so i did but then i was told i should have had a 'Pack' which i haven't got, i just got the little form that the midwife gave me, anyway i posted my form to the woman i was told to and then she said she'd send me the 'pack' in the post - im also sooooooooo confused so im hoping some one has the answer for us haha! xxx

its very confusing! and it doesnt help when u have a pregnancy brain!! i forgot to ask my mw even tho we a conversation about when i am planning to give up work!! haha xx

You're supposed to get your MATB1 form at your first appt after you reach 21 weeks I think. I got mine at about 22 weeks and just handed it in straight away. It runs in my mind you have to hand it in 15 weeks before your due date but I could be wrong.

You need to have handed it in to your employer by 25th week (not sure if beginning or end of) so you need to get it ASAP !

hmm ok i better phone my mw!!, its a nightmare cos the last time i phoned them when i was unwell i left a msg and they never bothered to get back to me!! infact i am gonna do it just now before i end up forgetting. thanks girlies xx

Same here, I left a message for mine and they never returned my call!!

I went to my doctors the other day to collect mine and they said that they wont give me my MATB1 form until I am 26 weeks

:shrug:

Its strange that we are all being told different things!!!

well they called me back shock horror! and said i shouldve had it so they are posting it out for me.....steph i would double check that even with your employer just incase xx

Yeah Im gonna check with them tomorrow when I get in to work! Quite worried now because I see your meant to have them into your employer by 25 weeks! Sugar!

Remember to photocopy it so that OH can take it to his employer to get paternity leave. My mw told me to do that it it hadn't occurred to me.

Aw that hadnt occurred to me either...thanks for that!!

I emailed my employer last week to see when they needed it by as I haven't got mine yet (m/w won't give it out till 26wks - which I wasn't when I last saw her) & they emailed back saying they need it no less than 21 days before due date :confused:

hmm thats very confusing isnt it hehe, why does`everything have to be so complicated!! xx

Who knows!! I've kept the email though so if they complain when I send the form in (I'll get it at my next m/w appointment - at 29wks) they can bugger off!!

Hmmm. I'm sure I read that you have to inform your employer with the MatB1 by the end of the 15th week before baby is due.

I got mine on Monday and gave it in today. How confusing that some midwifes aren't giving them out till 26 weeks... my maternity record has a space for mw to tick to confirm that it's been given & discussed by 24 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->