formula feeding - how many bottles?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
im so clueless!
how many bottles realistically do I need for baby if im formula feeding?
:shrug:
im using dr browns, not that the brand makes a difference to how many ill need lol...
at the minute I have 7 4oz bottles and 5 8oz bottles..
I obviously plan on using the 4oz til he is drinking more than that then ill move onto the bigger ones, but how many will I need to have?

im really not clued up on how much and how often baby will be feeding, and how often I will want to be sterilising bottles! so im unsure how many bottles to get :dohh:

any insight please? :flower:

I am going to try and breast and bottle feed.
I plan on having at least 18 bottles. 12 bottles-at the very least.
that way...if its a bad day..and you dont want to wash bottles during the day, you should have enough to last you the whole day...
and have time to sterilize etc.
may seem a bit over board, but rather be prepared.

We used 8 x 8oz bottles which was enough

we had 12 last time and it was a stupid amount.

We have got either 6 or 8 this time I can't remember, we only got the bigger ones. We also got MAM anti colic ones as they are self sterilising so I don't have to buy a big steriliser.

I've got 6 4oz and 6 8oz.

I've got 4 x 4oz and 4 x 8oz. I plan to breastfeed as well as bottle feed but more breast feeding. I figured if I need more bottles I'll get more then rather than buying too many:shrug:

my babies 8days old and i have 6 4once and 6 8once its more than enoigh im only using the 4once ones atm i sterilize 4 bottles at a time twice a day

thanks all :) I think ill probably just get a couple more so that ive got 8 4oz and 8 8oz.. just to be sure xx

We bought 2 x avent newborn starter sets so that's..
4 x 4oz
4 x 9oz

We bought the pack of two pink bottles which are also 9oz, and another plain 9oz.

So that like 7? We'll maybe grab a couple more of the 9oz in pink while they're on offer for £5 in boots.
We're using the milton cold water steriliser!

I'll be doing some expressing after a couple of weeks so my family can have a go at feeding. I've got 3 x 4oz but nothing in the bigger size at the moment but I'm popping out for a walk and some lunch shorty and I'm going to get a pack of 2 in the bigger size.

Will definitely need more though if I have to go formula full time.

I think you've got a good amount of the smaller ones OP but perhaps need a couple/few bigger ones. X

We ended up with 8 in rotation once she set in a feeding routine. It was probably more than we needed. The best thing to do is go with what you've got and then get more once baby is here if you feel you need them.

Unrelated but with Dr Browns you need to stir the formula in with the water rather than shake otherwise it leaks out the top. Also really useful (we also used Dr Browns last time), is if you can get hold of the screw on caps for top of the bottles. They are not widely available but if you can get hold of them (online) they make transporting much easier.

You have plenty there hun and as time goes on you wont need many. It was just the teats I found replacing often. Lol. Xx

We got 6 of the big bottles and only 2 small ones that come with the steriliser, I decided just to use big ones from the off as I'm not wasting money buying small and big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->