Formula feeding questions!

roxie78

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Just wondering a few things...

Poppy is now 11 weeks actual 7 weeks corrected but is still going every 3 hours (sometimes less!!) during the day for her bottles. I thought by now she would be 4 hourly? She is also only having 3 or 4 oz per feed and when I've tried putting 5 oz in her bottle she never drinks it all. But never the less, she still wants feeding every 3 hrs (sometimes longer overnight 3,4 or 5 hours depends). She is putting on weight nicely though (about 1lb every 1 or 2 weeks).

I've tried stretching out her daytime feeds but she just gets really upset.

Any thoughts?

Sorry hun, not much help here, we were three hourly for a long long time :/ but one feed during the night

ok, thanks, I guess we'll carry on 3 hourly for now and see how she goes. Hopefully with time she might go longer between feeds..

Sounds familiar! It does improve! Although he was always only needing 1 night-time feed when he was doing 3-4oz so I didn't mind frequent feeding through the day time. He's going 7pm to 5.30am at the moment, but still having 3-4 hourly feeding in the day but he has increased volume.
How big is Poppy? I think his weight was partly to do with it - once he got to 10lbs the volume he could take seemed to pretty much double in a couple of weeks.

Poppy was weighed last week and was 11lb 6oz then.

Rosalie never went 4 hourly until we started weaning xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->