Formula from the beginning..

Soon2be2

Reaction score
Okay mommies I'm not looking for opinions on the matter as I have my own reasons behind it but I will not be breast feeding DD2 and will be formula feeding straight from birth. My question is, how should I go about bringing the formula to the hospital with me..I formula feed DD1 but she was about 3 weeks old when I made the switch over, so I'm not to sure how to go about it in the hospital.

Should I just bring one large container and a few bottles and things of water with me or should I portion off bottles before I head there?

I feel clueless as I was hoping to breastfeed this one but will be unable to.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the uk and they provide bottles and formula if you want it. They have cow and gate, aptamil and sma.

I would just bring the whole thing just because there's a chance you might not even need it (not sure where you're at but in the U.S. They'll give you formula if you want it for your baby) also even if they don't give it to you, I'd still just bring the container since they eat so little at a time those first few days...I think it's something like an oz or even less.

Hi soon2b2. I'm also formula feeding from get go. I will take a box of ready made formula bottles bought from the chemist in desired formula brand (aptamil) they have already sterilised teats that pop on top of the bottle and ready to use. There is 6bottles in a box and what I don't use at the hospital I thought could be handy for visits out nd night feeds when.I rli am too tired to make up a formula bottle from scratch. I have a few boxes as they have a long life date on them and know I will.use them up. This way I don't have to take up separate formula bottles and water.

i formula fed from birth and the hospital supplied throw away bottles of milk. no shame in formula feeding :) im in the uk so its perhaps different?

Not all uk hospitals will provide bottles and milk.
I would also take the pre made cartons.

Where I am in Canada they have mini bottles of enfamil ready to go, you can even get them at walmart I've seen. The nipples come in packages too. They offered it to me when I needed top up for my lo

Hi
You don't get offered it at my hospital so I'm taking a few sterilised bottles and the ready made cartons of formula. Aptamil do a newborn starter pack with ready filled sterilised bottles but I think the quantity in each one is way too much for the first few feeds plus I'd worry about then switching babe to different teats. Oh and it's pricey too!
Xx

You might want to check with the hospital to make sure they don't provide everything you need already, if you haven't done that.

We exclusively formula fed from birth and the hospital gave us the ready to use bottles where you just had to attach the nipple and serve. If this hospital doesn't do the same I plan on just buying a case or two and bringing them with me, since it made life incredibly easy that first week!

They had formula and bottles at my hospital, but I took some ready made stuff with me in my suitcase just in case.

My local hospital dont provide formula but id take ready made bottles which you can buy at most supermarkets

Our hospital make it clear they will not supply any formula but you can buy the little glass throw away bottles already made up! I am going to take some with me, I plan on bf but my boobs have proved big for nothing in the past!

I'm in the UK, and was given a leaflet last week at the midwife, saying my hospital is no longer supplying formula, so you have to take your own.. I'd give your hospital a ring,
Good luck x

My hospital provides formula for my DD but I know now that they do not provide formula anymore. So it has changed in the last year. I'm taking an aptamil starter pack :)

My hospital don't supply formula if you bottle feed you have to bring your own. However if you plan to BF and are struggling they will give you formula.

I am in uk. My hospital does not provide formula.. I bought sma throw away bottles that are little prefilled glass bottles. They are around 7 pound for a oack of 6 in most supermarkets.. not too sure about other brands but I am sure they will provide something similar. :)

My local hospital doesn't supply formula so im taking with me the ready made steril bottles of cow and gate (you can also get sma and aptimel) they are really handy saves lugging your own bottles and powered milk etc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->