formula price increase?

M

MrsEngland

Does anyone know if there will be the usual price increase of formula in jan? I'm assuming there will be as the asda near have limited the amount you can buy in one go!

I tend to work on the assumption that everything's going to go up in price - I'm rarely disappointed... but I think lots of stuff was restricted in what you could buy to control the pre Christmas "omg the shops are closed for one day" lunacy - I know people were saying nappies were as well.

Went shopping at tesco today and lots of things have already gone up in price. Didnt need to buy formula today so unsure if thats gone up. xx

Is that why asda had those signs up? I did find it strange they were limiting milk and was going to post a thread about it. I'm not really that bothered by the price going up that I'd want to stock up in advance. Do people do that???

I'd hazard a guess that it could be anything around £1. In the just under 2yrs I've had kids the price has gone from about £8 to nearing £11 a tub (for aptamil that is - quite glad ds prefers hipp!)

Looking on the Tesco site it looks like gone up from about £7.49 for C+G to £7.99 - just looked at that as it's what we use.

Good idea Dizz - hipp has gone to £7.99 too. Also spotted aptamil is £9.49, so not sure where we got the nearly £11 box from. Glad that seems to have been a random rip off. And I pride myself at being a bargain hunter...

I'm sure it will, prices for everything usually go up this time of year. My usual brand of bread went up 20p overnight! I also saw Morrison is now restricting how much formula you can buy to 6 in one go.

I'm sure it will, prices for everything usually go up this time of year. My usual brand of bread went up 20p overnight! I also saw Morrison is now restricting how much formula you can buy to 6 in one go.

That's the same as asda they are limiting to six. When I had my first daughter the price went up by £1 in the january, but last jan I wasn't buying formula so not sure if it went up or not.

I usually pay 9.49 for aptamil be crazy if it goes up to over 10quid! Although I did find somewhere selling it for 8.99.

Well since I had my son nearly 5 years ago cow and gate hasn't gone up by that much. Only about a pound or so so not too bothered about the rise in price.

Restricting it seems a bit odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"