Found out we lost one twin today

So sorry for your loss. I myself am going through a miscarriage as well and one quote that dulls the pain a bit for me might also help you. It goes as follows:

"Babies lost in the womb were never touch by fear, they were never cold, never hungry, never alone and importantly ALWAYS knew love" - Z Clark-Coates.

Thanks ladies.

Kryssa-that is great, thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear about what youre going through. I hope you're doing okay!

Munchkin-I'm ok, doing better. It was nice to take some time off work for myself. I still haven't had any cramping or spotting so not sure if and when I will? I think I'm in a bit of denial even thinking that I'm still pregnant. Maybe I'm just protecting myself bc I'm afraid we will lose the other one? I go on vacation in 2 weeks which is a week before my next Scan, so I might just see if they can get me in before I go in vacation for peace of mind. I just feel too good physically to be pregnant, I'm not complaining but of course I just want to know everything is ok. How are you?

Honey you're meant to feel good at this bit! I loved second trimester. So gutted I have to do 2 first trimesters instead of 2 second trimesters!

Xxx

:hugs: I lost a twin with my second pregnancy and it is such a rollercoaster of emotions. I had no bleeding at all. The other twin literally just disappeared (was there at 8 weeks with a strong heartbeat and gone at 15 weeks)

Hi Vickie- thanks for sharing your story. I'm very sorry for your loss as well. Kind of comforting to hear that the roller coated of emotions is normal. I feel different about it everyday. I just hope everything with the surfing twin is okay and we continue on with a healthy pregnancy. It's hard to think about that at this point as I don't want to get my hopes up.

Completely normal :hugs:

You feel sad about the loss of one but happy about having a healthy baby yet mad that you lost one when others don't.....it's such a strange mixture of emotions and then you feel guilty for feeling that way when you still have a healthy baby :wacko:

The rest of my pregnancy was complication free and Rhys was born very healthy if that helps any :flower:

Thanks Vickie, that does help a lot. I feel confident about this surviving baby, but you just never know... I don't have many symptoms so that worries me, but I haven't had many symptoms since day 1 so maybe I'm just lucky. How long ago was Rhys born?

I do find it really hard to hear about these other women going on to have healthy twins born. Just doesn't seem fair. I have a friend on Fb who is preg with twins and I'm going to have to hide get posts...it's too much to see.

He is 15 months old :)

And I had almost no symptoms with him at all! It was such a change as with my first I had constant nausea until well into second tri

Vickie, or anyone else that reads this:
I wanted to get your opinion. The last ultrasound I had was 2 weeks ago, in which we were informed of the loss of twin a, however we are also informed baby b looks perfect and they weren't concerned at all about him/her. I'm about 12 weeks Friday. My birthday is next week so were having a birthday dinner Friday with about 10 friends. Of those 10, 3 already know we're pregnant. But we wanted to tell everyone else. What do you think? Should I wait until my next ultrasound to confirm and then share the news, or do you think it would be safe to share? I'm so nervous obviously, but sick of hiding the news from friends, and I obviously won't be drinking so I'm sure they will wonder something. Thanks in advance.

I read a study that says you have between a 0.5% - 1% chance of miscarriage once you've seen a healthy heartbeat at 9-10 weeks. That's about the same chance of miscarriage that's present after 12 weeks. (https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general)

So, if you're tired of keeping it secret and want to share the news, I think you should! Even in the absolute worst case scenario, it would just mean that you have more friends to support you if things go wrong, although the statistics are WAYYY in your favor now!!

Topanga-thanks very much for your reply! I definitely appreciate your insight. I'm just ready to be excited about this pregnancy but it's hard after losing one twin. I think I might share the news but ask them to keep it hush until after we announce. It's not too many people, and I figure if they're coming out for my birthday then they should hear it in person.
Thanks again!!

The chances of a loss do decrease the further you get and I would probably announce but it's really what you feel comfortable with :hugs: If you want to keep it quiet for a bit longer you could always say you were on antibiotics for something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->