Found this article on the sun website - what are you thoughts

And if adoption was that simple, lol. I would like nothing more. I would gladly give a girl or boy a home, unfortunately it is not that easy to just adopt one.

I still believe you are given what you are given be it a boy or a girl. Thats life. I dont think we should be doing anything to change that.

But what if you aren't "given" anything. Is it then ok to go for IVF?

I still believe you are given what you are given be it a boy or a girl. Thats life. I dont think we should be doing anything to change that.

But what if you aren't "given" anything. Is it then ok to go for IVF?

I'm not talking in terms of IVF. I am talking about gender selection. When this lady goes for IVF she isnt thinking I would be happy with either sex she is deliberately selecting embryo's to have a girl.
I am fully aware that nature is cruel. My SIL had IVF to have her son, she would have been overjoyed with a boy or a girl because she had IVF to have a child not a selected gender.

I was given a boy and am perfectly fine with that. I dont understand the comment about what if the daughter is disabled? Doesnt anyone run that risk with any pregnancy? It doesnt mean a child is loved any less. Yes I would be dissapointed for my child but not for myself and I would do everything in my power to make their life as fulfilled as possible. Does that answer the question? And lets not confuse the technique of gender selection with designing a baby, its not the same. I dont expect everyone to understand that as most clearly know nothing about it but choosing the gender is not designing an embryo. It is not physically possible to do that, it is IVF and choosing to put a certain gender back. You dont make the embryo a gender you just test the ones you have.

I mentioned the disabability because all i hear oh i want a girl, and i wondered if one with a disabilty is enough to please the desire?

I also said about designing a baby as you mentioned its science advancing well surely that is?? Where does it become not ok?

Adoption is alot simpler and more ethical than picking a sex im sorry!

Ivf is different as these woman who long for ivf just want a child, not picking and chosing its gender!

Also, there is adoption? Why go through having boy after boy when you could give a lovely girl a home?

And no one answered my previous question, what if your baby girl yoi "make" is severely disabled? Is that good enough? Probably not..

this is what we decided, its not very likely that we will have a girl going by family history so if the next baby is a boy then we are not going for a third, we will adopt a girl.
If however the next baby is a girl then we will try for a third child.
In my ideal little world I want four children, two of each so they all have a brother and sister.

As for the disability that would not matter in the slightest to me (even though I would never go for gender selection) having been born with spina bifida and having worked with disabled children its not everything.
I do think its a perfectly understandable feeling to want to try for a healthy child after having one with a disability though because when it is a very sever disability its quite often like saying goodbye but never actualy letting them go if that makes sense

Also, there is adoption? Why go through having boy after boy when you could give a lovely girl a home?

And no one answered my previous question, what if your baby girl yoi "make" is severely disabled? Is that good enough? Probably not..

this is what we decided, its not very likely that we will have a girl going by family history so if the next baby is a boy then we are not going for a third, we will adopt a girl.
If however the next baby is a girl then we will try for a third child.
In my ideal little world I want four children, two of each so they all have a brother and sister.

As for the disability that would not matter in the slightest to me (even though I would never go for gender selection) having been born with spina bifida and having worked with disabled children its not everything.
I do think its a perfectly understandable feeling to want to try for a healthy child after having one with a disability though because when it is a very sever disability its quite often like saying goodbye but never actualy letting them go if that makes sense

This to me, is a perfect/lovely answer to my questions! :hugs:

I was given a boy and am perfectly fine with that. I dont understand the comment about what if the daughter is disabled? Doesnt anyone run that risk with any pregnancy? It doesnt mean a child is loved any less. Yes I would be dissapointed for my child but not for myself and I would do everything in my power to make their life as fulfilled as possible. Does that answer the question? And lets not confuse the technique of gender selection with designing a baby, its not the same. I dont expect everyone to understand that as most clearly know nothing about it but choosing the gender is not designing an embryo. It is not physically possible to do that, it is IVF and choosing to put a certain gender back. You dont make the embryo a gender you just test the ones you have.

I mentioned the disabability because all i hear oh i want a girl, and i wondered if one with a disabilty is enough to please the desire?

I also said about designing a baby as you mentioned its science advancing well surely that is?? Where does it become not ok?

Adoption is alot simpler and more ethical than picking a sex im sorry!

Ivf is different as these woman who long for ivf just want a child, not picking and chosing its gender!
But it's still not "designing" a baby! You can paint it to look however you like but it doesnt change the fact. In my opinion, it becomes not ok when you start designing babies:shrug: Im not saying everyone should just be able to pick the gender either, I dont think this should ever be available on the NHS and there needs to be strict guidelines in place where you can only do it to balance a family when there is multiple of the same gender. And there are many women out there who DO need IVF to conceive and still choose to use this treatment.

And adoption is not simpler! You can not pick gender with some adoption companies, if not all. On top of that, there are far more boys that need homes than girls, I find that really sad. Not to mention the fact it can take years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->