Found this article on the sun website - what are you thoughts

My line is drawn at choosing a sex.... My SIL had IVF and I dont think IVF is vile, she is trying to have her first child but she didnt say she wanted to choose the sex of that child. You are given what sex you are given and I think that is how it should stay! People who have IVF have it because they want a child who they will love regardless of sex but gender selection is basically making what YOU want in a child, it doesnt work like that.

And then there are donor siblings.....

My line is drawn at choosing a sex.... My SIL had IVF and I dont think IVF is vile, she is trying to have her first child but she didnt say she wanted to choose the sex of that child. You are given what sex you are given and I think that is how it should stay! People who have IVF have it because they want a child who they will love regardless of sex but gender selection is basically making what YOU want in a child, it doesnt work like that.

I was more refering to the basics of it, how some would concider it going against nature

Fair enough, but maybe not everyone would deal with it that well. People deal with things differently. Maybe they won't give a crap, and maybe they will. I'm sure your mom didn't have it broadcast in the newspaper like this woman has.

ETA: I also did say that I'm sure she loves her boys and would not accuse her otherwise.

The point is, if people are going to judge her, do it taking into account the whole picture. If she treats her boys like the are her whole world, it will not matter to them that she also has a longing for a girl. You can't suggest that simply because of this one action, her boys will be somehow emotionally damaged.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I just think it is definitely possible that this could have a negative impact on her boys in the future. As I stated before, I understand her reasoning for being so open and public. I just think that this approach may not be the best thing for her boys.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I just think it is definitely possible that this could have a negative impact on her boys in the future. As I stated before, I understand her reasoning for being so open and public. I just think that this approach may not be the best thing for her boys.

Of course, anything is possible. I can see it being used as a teenage rant. But I would suspect she does nothing to perpetuate those feelings, and would hope she'd considered her boys before going public.

One thing is certain, those boys will absolutely dote on a little sister. She'd be the luckiest girl around :thumbup:

I understand that some people dont agree with gender selection, each to their own. But to say someone is vile and disgusting to have different views on the subject? I actually find it vile and disgusting that someone could be so judgemental!

I understand that some people dont agree with gender selection, each to their own. But to say someone is vile and disgusting to have different views on the subject? I actually find it vile and disgusting that someone could be so judgemental!

Arent you juding yourself then? :dohh: By saying you think its vile and disgusting that we could be so judgemental is like saying we arent allowed our opinion. Thats how some see it. :shrug:

I said what she is doing to get that girl is vile and disgusting I didnt say SHE was vile and disgusting. You ARE given what your ARE given. Thats my opinion.

No, of course you are allowed an opinion! I get that not everyone has the same one. But I judge no one for their views. I would never call someone vile and disgusting for disagreeing with me but you are!

And your not the only one who has said it, im not singling you out or anything. I dont come here to argue with people but I just think it's so wrong to throw them words around when you have no idea about it, I find it very judgemental.

I know I wasnt the only person but its not her that we are calling vile and disgusting its what she is prepared to do. Im sorry in my opinion it is. You are given the children you are given, I believe that and will continue to do so.
If she is prepared to do something illegal where is her limit? I dont think she has one.

As I said in a previous post, I have already had the same procedure and will be doing so again. It is not illegal in other countries and as long as you have it done in one of them countries, your not doing anything illegal. I had the first part of the treatment done in the UK and I was perfectly open about what I was doing. I wasnt the only person they had treat doing this it is unbelievably common. The UK is actually behind the likes of America in fertility treatment, I dont mean that because they dont do gender selection but the PGD procedure is far more widely used over there and not just for gender selection. They now use a procedure called GSN which tests all 24 chromasomes, the UK havent even heard of it. The UK is very 1 size fits all when it comes to fertility, I learned so much from american web sites that my UK consultant couldnt tell me or explain. I stongly believe this will be available in future years here when once again we catch up to the rest of the world, will it be vile and disgusting then? It is never going to be recognised or considered unless people speak up for it. Again, im not criticising you for having an opinion on it, you think its wrong and thats fine. If you dont agree with it, dont do it. But others have the right to do it and it if they are prepared to go through it and pay for it and they should be able to do that without being told it's vile and disgusting.

But at the same time thats like saying your not allowed to have an opinion on the subject if we cant say what we truly feel... I think it is vile and disgusting so I should be allowed to say that.. Its illegal here, I dont live anywhere else so I dont care about their laws. I have been brought up here so whether the laws are different its illegal here and thats my opinion. She is willing to go abroad to select her daughter just because she has been given all boys... Nope sorry, still not seeing it any other way.
I dont agree with people going abroad to have any kind of surgery because of the risks but this is taking nature and twisting it up.

See, I disagree. I think this country is a disgrase. I am not at all suprised we are hated by the rest of the world. Im ashamed of it. Not just in this instance but most of the political stuff.
But on another note, yes you're allowed your opinion but it doesnt give you the right to label what other people are doing. Surely you see where im coming from? If this became legal in the UK (which it will eventually), will you think the same of it then? Its science advancing:shrug:

Yeah I would because my point is that you shouldnt get a choice what child you have. You are given the children you are given. I know that feeling disappointed is normal, most people feel that but they get over that and they understand that they have a child that is a boy not a girl or a girl and not a boy. She wants to go and do something to make sure she gets a daughter. I dont feel like its right. There are some things that I dont agree with and this is one. I wouldnt agree just because it was made legal if that does happen.

I will still think its "vile and disgusting" yes!

You say its science advancing, well where does that stop? Choosing hair colour, colour of skin, being good at football???..... Now really thats just a poor excuse!

Yeah I would because my point is that you shouldnt get a choice what child you have. You are given the children you are given. I know that feeling disappointed is normal, most people feel that but they get over that and they understand that they have a child that is a boy not a girl or a girl and not a boy. She wants to go and do something to make sure she gets a daughter. I dont feel like its right. There are some things that I dont agree with and this is one. I wouldnt agree just because it was made legal if that does happen.
And this statement is perfectly fine with me. It is your opinionn and what you feel is right and wrong. Im just saying not everyone feels the same and it doesnt make what they are doing disgusting or vile. They just feel differently on the subject. Who knows, maybe I would have felt the same had I naturally been given the opportunity to raise both genders naturally. As it is I have 4 boys whom I couldnt be happier with but my family is now almost as big as I want it to be and I would like the opportunity to raise a daughter, be the maternal grandmother, watch my husband walk her down the aisle etc. I will do what I can to acheive that but that doesnt mean another son would be second prize, id gladly have another boy but I would be sad to never have a daughter.

Also, there is adoption? Why go through having boy after boy when you could give a lovely girl a home?

And no one answered my previous question, what if your baby girl yoi "make" is severely disabled? Is that good enough? Probably not..

I still believe you are given what you are given be it a boy or a girl. Thats life. I dont think we should be doing anything to change that.

I was given a boy and am perfectly fine with that. I dont understand the comment about what if the daughter is disabled? Doesnt anyone run that risk with any pregnancy? It doesnt mean a child is loved any less. Yes I would be dissapointed for my child but not for myself and I would do everything in my power to make their life as fulfilled as possible. Does that answer the question? And lets not confuse the technique of gender selection with designing a baby, its not the same. I dont expect everyone to understand that as most clearly know nothing about it but choosing the gender is not designing an embryo. It is not physically possible to do that, it is IVF and choosing to put a certain gender back. You dont make the embryo a gender you just test the ones you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->