Frankie Boyle makes sick joke about Harvey Price

If he just made the joke to be 'funny' and wasn't almost mocking Harvey's disability, if it WAS just for the laugh.. why wasn't the joke about Junior?
:thumbup: Exactly, this is why I think it was having a dig at his disability. It just doesnt make sense if Junior is put into it.

What were the jokes about Jade Goody and Michael Jackson? I didnt see them, was only half watching

^^ Midnight fairy - I agree and really do despair, how can anyone laugh at such things as downs, cancer, child abduction, abuse, terminal illness, IMO its a souless calous attempt at trying to be different in someway saying it like I dont care, its freedom of speech, its all said in jest, its not sincere, FFS why say it then, I just think the audience laughing at such pap are like sheep and if they did face such misfortune in life then I really dont think they would laugh any more, what a pity the human race has sinked to these depths. Sorry I know theres peeps who will still defend FB till the end but each to their own eh.

With respect, Scaterbun, you don't know what the people in the audience who are laughing have been through. You say they never have to go through such misfortune as cancer, abuse, etc - but how do you know they haven't done already?
A poster on this thread said that her Mum had died of cancer, but she is still able to laugh at jokes about cancer because that's what they are - jokes.

how can anyone laugh at such things as downs, cancer, child abduction, abuse, terminal illness,

because they are NOT laughing at those things. i'm not sure how many times this point has to be reiterated.

Like i said in the other thread:
The BIGGEST joke here is that all this thread and all the people bitching about it elsewhere are doing is providing the man they hate so much with SO much publicity.
Frankie boyle was pretty unheard of by a lot of people (or just a face they recognised) unless they watched mock the week or particularly liked stand up. Now hes on every forum, been discussed on every channel, by every newspaper....now THAT is hilarious.
He is a very clever man.
Maybe his jokes were below the belt but they have served him well lol xx

You have obviously not read my other posts regarding jokes about cancer. I have laughed at jokes about cancer - because they are funny. My mum died of cancer. So where does that put me? Am I ignorant about cancer? Do I think the reality of watching someone go through the suffering that comes with cancer is funny? Of course not. Does that mean I can listen to a joke, see the point, and if it is worthy of it, laugh at it? Of course. A joke about cancer is not saying to me "Ha ha, your mum died of cancer and we are all going to laugh at YOU". It is what it is...a joke.
It is the same for any other topic.

I was thinking of how to respond to you Skaterbun, about how people who laugh at cancer are sheep etc who wouldn't laugh if the same misfortune happened to them, and the best way to do this is to repost what I added a page or two back, because maybe you missed it.

I don't think I am a "sheep" or that as a member of the human race I have sunk to this depth. I didn't laugh at that FB joke because it wasn't funny but, and I am probably going to be lynched for this, some of the other things you mentioned I have laughed at jokes about. This does not mean I find those things funny - it means I found the joke funny. I don't see why that concept is so difficult to understand.

XemmaX - you are exactly right.

I honestly dont know how anything mocking cancer can be classed as a "joke".

I thought his stupid lines on disibilitys was way below the line!

maybe we should all just put it down to a difference of taste in humour and move on? :flower:

maybe we should all just put it down to a difference of taste in humour and move on? :flower:

Having read this thread going in circles i think so.
You can't guilt someone into not finding something funny lol, if they do then they do. And if you don't then you don't.
Simples :mrgreen: xxx

I still love Frankie B guys, sorry. Difference in humour indeed, let's be on our way :coffee:

With respect, Scaterbun, you don't know what the people in the audience who are laughing have been through. You say they never have to go through such misfortune as cancer, abuse, etc - but how do you know they haven't done already?
A poster on this thread said that her Mum had died of cancer, but she is still able to laugh at jokes about cancer because that's what they are - jokes.

well sorry i just find it incomprehendable, each to their own :wacko:

I have to agree with this. Maybe its different when its personal to you. I hope he never has to see anyone of his family affected by a disibilty. Pathetic.

I have to agree with this. Maybe its different when its personal to you. I hope he never has to see anyone of his family affected by a disibilty. Pathetic.
Thats what I'm trying to say, though... People in his family may be affected by a disability. How do you know they're not?
You don't know peoples personal circumstances unless they tell you them. That's what I was trying to say. You don't know that their weren't people in the audience that had disabled children, and you don't know whether or not FB has been affected by disability.

I dont care about the audience really, BUT if someone he knows does have a disibility and he makes jokes like that then hes even more of a dick than I originally thought!

I don't find it funny at all. Not every joke about a disabled person offends me but implying that that a child would rape his own mother because he was overweight and disabled, thats just not funny. It's cruel and ignorant. Maybe Jordan shouldn't have her kids in the limelight but the joke wasn't about her it was about her child and he's done nothing wrong so why pick on him

I don't find it funny at all. Not every joke about a disabled person offends me but implying that that a child would rape his own mother because he was overweight and disabled, thats just not funny. It's cruel and ignorant. Maybe Jordan shouldn't have her kids in the limelight but the joke wasn't about her it was about her child and he's done nothing wrong so why pick on him

:thumbup: Exactly, maybe some people just dont understand and to be honest, I know they never had to. I never expected a disibilty to affect me, but it did, out of no where! Anyway, I hope he gets his karma or at least gets off my Telly!

Midnight Fairy - I'm sorry you have been personally upset by his vile 'jokes' on disability. I expect theres many people who unwittenly turned on to his programme for the first time not realising what he was capable of!... You know what you said it first, I'm a great believer in Karma too, so people in glass houses and all that, Boyle needs to think about what he says as it could end up turning nasty in his own life. :p

Maybe I'm getting over sensitive in me old age, maybe jokes arn't what they used to be and that many comics grab at straws to get a reaction. Takes a lot to impress me nowadays, I like intelligent comics like Stephen Fry, old timers who are respected in the industry. I'm not gonna say anymore on this man now I've already let him get to me enough lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->