Frankie Boyle makes sick joke about Harvey Price

^ yes ikwym cherryglitter, i think you either watch it or you dont. If it offends then dont switch on again. I've made up my mind about him now :)

I think if someone went up to FB and started making comments about him f*cking a member of his family or someone he knew who has really suffered/died from cancer would he be so quick to laugh?!

I literally watched it like yearrrrrs ago when I was 15 or something and I still remember it now! What was the deal with all the potatos and things :rofl:

^ yes ikwym cherryglitter, i think you either watch it or you dont. If it offends then dont switch on again. I've made up my mind about him now :)

I think if someone went up to FB and started making comments about him f*cking a member of his family or someone he knew who has really suffered/died from cancer would he be so quick to laugh?!

He probably wouldn't laugh no, but he would probably not take it to heart or be offended. I should imagine he does get a lot of that actually. But like I said, what he writes is an act, to act out.

i used to live with a group of friends and we used to watch it after nights out... so my memories of it aren't all that clear anymore :haha: this thread has inspired me to watch it again though.. gonna seek it online tomorrow!

in all fairness if someone came up to me and made those comments to me i'd knock their fucking block off, anyone would! but this was part of a comedy routine, it's not the same as wandering up to someone and saying that kind of thing... it isn't intended with any sincerity.

Also, how come people aren't going mental about the jokes made about Jade Goody?!
All because Katie Price has yet again, pulled a media stunt.

in all fairness if someone came up to me and made those comments to me i'd knock their fucking block off, anyone would! but this was part of a comedy routine, it's not the same as wandering up to someone and saying that kind of thing... it isn't intended with any sincerity.

THIS is what i've been trying to say for ages :thumbup:

THIS is what i've been trying to say for ages :thumbup:

"sick" comedy is like a guilty pleasure, it's because you know it isn't acceptable that makes it more funny. i can understand people who have experience of certain topics don't want to hear those things joked about, because the topics aren't funny (and of course rape/paedophilia/disability etc isn't funny) but a joke is much more than just a mention of a topic. if i just said "rape" and people laughed, that would be because they are laughing at the topic. but that wouldn't happen... because rape isn't funny.

Some of the jokes from Family Guy shock me! (Don't offend me, just to add!) I honestly don't know how they get away with some of the things they do/say!!

Oh my - 'Peadogeddon' was brilliant. There was a big furore over that too I remember.

xemmax - that Richard Blackwood bit was so funny. He warned parents that the fumes from the keyboards would make children "smell like hammers". Then there was the Brass Eye about that drug Cake? Remember that?

I love Chris Morris - have you seen his latest film Four Lions? Here's another contentious subject - it's about four hapless men who plan to be suicide bombers. It is actually very cleverly done - and very funny too.

It is not a crime to have a dark sense of humour. Finding something funny, in the context it is given (i.e a joke, a stand-up routine, a film) does not make you ignorant, racist, sexist or other. It means you get a joke.

People won't need to worry as Tramadol Nights was his wind down tour!
So he won't be blessing your screens a lot afterwards

:(

I would love to go and see him live!!

Also, how come people aren't going mental about the jokes made about Jade Goody?!
All because Katie Price has yet again, pulled a media stunt.

I agree with this. The woman after eternal publicity has everybody talking about her, again.

IMO his jokes about Jade Goody and Jacko are the same as the Jordan one. But this has escalated now and involves more people who didn't see the show and are unaware of the rest of the content.

Oh my - 'Peadogeddon' was brilliant. There was a big furore over that too I remember.

xemmax - that Richard Blackwood bit was so funny. He warned parents that the fumes from the keyboards would make children "smell like hammers". Then there was the Brass Eye about that drug Cake? Remember that?

I love Chris Morris - have you seen his latest film Four Lions? Here's another contentious subject - it's about four hapless men who plan to be suicide bombers. It is actually very cleverly done - and very funny too.

It is not a crime to have a dark sense of humour. Finding something funny, in the context it is given (i.e a joke, a stand-up routine, a film) does not make you ignorant, racist, sexist or other. It means you get a joke.

hahaha, cake! i do remember the celebrities holding up the massive pill talking about it. i really need to watch it again! i've not seen four lions, sure i would love it though, i'll try and find it online to watch.

totally agree with your last paragraph. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I think there's a big difference between finding a joke funny, and believing that it's the truth. Just because some people who find these things funny are ignorant and prejudiced, doesn't mean all of them are.

Yeah, it's really funny to laugh at people with Downs Syndrome or cancer or dead children. Hilarious... :nope:

You have obviously not read my other posts regarding jokes about cancer. I have laughed at jokes about cancer - because they are funny. My mum died of cancer. So where does that put me? Am I ignorant about cancer? Do I think the reality of watching someone go through the suffering that comes with cancer is funny? Of course not. Does that mean I can listen to a joke, see the point, and if it is worthy of it, laugh at it? Of course. A joke about cancer is not saying to me "Ha ha, your mum died of cancer and we are all going to laugh at YOU". It is what it is...a joke.
It is the same for any other topic.

I think hes a bit of a dick, I think there a plenty of ways to be funny but hes just below the belt. Before I had a disabled child, I still wouldnt found it funny, now I have a disabled child, I just find it Shockingly bad. Its just not funny, why joke about kids in that light? NOt remotely funny at all!

I hope he never has a disabled child. Stupid twat of a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->