Frankie Boyle makes sick joke about Harvey Price

But I don't get why people are so up in arms about one joke? He didn't say it because he is disabled. It wasn't a joke aimed at a disability. It just happened to be aimed at a child that is disabled. Which again, I'm not saying is right and I'm not saying it was funny. But why do people feel the need to be offended all the time? Maybe it's just me :shrug:

It must just be me too then.. :)

I have the one last night recorded and shall be watching it shortly :)

I didnt know there were two threads about FB :haha:

I dont think its about Katie Price/Harvey now, all thats done is highlighted to me what FB is REALLY like. Like I said on a another thread I found him ok on Mock the Week, he is toned down on there. Last nights performance was full blast in your face sickening. I dont need to know anymore about this man to say that I've gone off him 100%
I dont like nicey nicey comics either, I more of a Jo Brand / stephen Fry (IQ stuff) people who are self depricating, and I like daft stuff like Ricky Gervais, and off the wall comedy like Noel Fielding, none of which need to be personally crude to any one in their audience. Do say I like the 'thinking mans' comic :thumbup:

But I don't get why people are so up in arms about one joke? He didn't say it because he is disabled. It wasn't a joke aimed at a disability. It just happened to be aimed at a child that is disabled. Which again, I'm not saying is right and I'm not saying it was funny. But why do people feel the need to be offended all the time? Maybe it's just me :shrug:

It must just be me too then.. :)

... and me!

In a world gone politically correct mad, I feel it as almost a release that there is someone out there, not afraid to say what the hell they want, and be able to get away with it. Not all of us can do that, so when someone comes along and breaks the boundries, it's almost exciting.

Ive put this in the GC forum too.

How do people feel about Brass Eye and things like the "Peadogeddon" special. Im just wondering that's all. As this was also broadcast by channel 4, years ago.

Me and OH are watching last nights one out of curiosity ... arrrgh his voice annoys me

Id say about 1% of his stuff is funny, the rest is a load of rubbish, half of it doesnt even make any sense :confused:

I say the same thing about Lee Evans, Holly. He is the least funny comedian I've ever watched

How do people feel about Brass Eye and things like the "Peadogeddon" special. Im just wondering that's all. As this was also broadcast by channel 4, years ago.

i think brass eye is brilliant, and quite possibly the most hilarious thing i've ever seen!

I don't like Lee Evans either, just not funny, at all. OH loves him.

ABlossom - Im going to PM you a website I think you might like!

i think brass eye is brilliant, and quite possibly the most hilarious thing i've ever seen!

The peadogeddon one freaked me right out! I watched it when I was a lot younger than I am now though and it really played on my mind.

I would like to watch it again but the efits of the 'peado' on the episode still haunt my fragile little mind now!! :haha:

I say the same thing about Lee Evans, Holly. He is the least funny comedian I've ever watched

oh you have to see mousehunt :haha:

lee evans is slapstick humour, its like norman wisdom stuff, its not even comparable with the genius Boyle :winkwink: :)

The peadogeddon one freaked me right out! I watched it when I was a lot younger than I am now though and it really played on my mind.

I would like to watch it again but the efits of the 'peado' on the episode still haunt my fragile little mind now!! :haha:

DH is a massive Brass Eye fan, he said its clever :thumbup: (soz now sure what he means by that lol) he was shocked by FB though :wacko:

oh you have to see mousehunt :haha:

lee evans is slapstick humour, its like norman wisdom stuff, its not even comparable with the genius Boyle :winkwink: :)

I just don't get him. I was forced into watching his last stand up show and I have never been so bored watching a comedian. All he does is make faces and sweat. And don't even get me started on his voice... lol

^ appleblossom -haha its a bit ashley peacock :D but I must say his comedic acting is better than the stand up stuff - something about mary?? :)

DH is a massive Brass Eye fan, he said its clever :thumbup: (soz now sure what he means by that lol) he was shocked by FB though :wacko:

FB is a lot different to Brass Eye. I think things get offensive with time, if that makes sense. You could go onto to TV and making nothing but racist jokes a while back. But now you can't.

I should imagine in a few years all of FB's jokes will have become boring and there will be something 'new' that the dark comedians are all writing about.

it's satirical, and very clever!

cherry - watch it again! now you're older so you can understand the humour it might help you to overcome your bad memories of the efit! :haha: i remember richard blackwood sniffing the keyboard and claiming he could smell fumes that paedophiles made them emit... so funny!

Oh God yes, with the dog with the cameras in it's eyes that get you to click the mouse!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->