Freaking out a bit BFP after twins

Koifish

Reaction score
I took a home pregnancy test this morning and got a BFP which I suspected as Aunt flows now a week and a half late (I've always been off so I waited to test).

I had twin boys naturally in summer of 15'. I am now freaking out, I feel slight MS which makes it more real for me. We didn't plan on 3, I had BC but had planned to switch as I didn't feel right on it, go figure. Don't take it wrong it's unplanned but I am happy and will absolutely love baby.

I am freaking out first because I am terrified of twins again, they were spontaneous mo/di identical, but still terrified. Especially with the complications/medical issues with A and long nicu stay, it's given me anxiety. Second because we are not ready financially, this is the biggie for me. Lastly how do you moms of twins followed by a single do it????? If this baby holds He/she (fingers crossed on the she) my boys will be 2.5 years old. I don't know how I'll handle terrible twos to threenagers with a newborn 😬 How did you guys survive????

As far as I know identical twins are a fluke of nature so your chances are very slim of getting twins again. I do know how you feel, because I also had lots of complications because of having twins, and the first year was a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, I feel very happy and blessed now, twins are so much fun, but I honestly just wouldn't want to go through a double pregnancy and double newborn baby stage again!

I understand for the most part, although I did do ivf to conceive our twins, I got a totally sursprise bfp when they were 20 months. Honestly I was so terrified of it being twins again bc that pregnancy was sooooo hard and complicated. I cried for a month after finding out, not because I wouldn't love another baby but bc I didn't know how I could handle a pregnancy and 2 small toddlers. I am 34 weeks now. This pregnancy has been so different and so much easier in a lot of ways. However wrangling 2 toddlers while pregnant isn't easy, but it is doable. I no longer take them anywhere by myself at this stage in pregnancy. And there is no rest ever for me! No time to nap or lay down. I am very excited for baby now. I ordered a tula carrier and figure I'll just wear him while chasing the twins! They are 26 months now. You will adapt and it will be wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->