Freaking out, used bug spray...

Periwinkle58

Reaction score
So we've been having a weevil problem and they keep getting into our food. It's disgusting and today I decided to take all the food out of my pantry, spray the whole thing with disinfectant and then with Hot Shot ant and roach killer. I closed the metal pantry door and opened the door n windows, as well as putting a fan in the kitchen but I'm now paranoid I harmed my baby. I completely didn't even thing about being pregnant and the spray. Kinda went on kill mode... do you think it's okay or should I go to the doctor? Any chance I harmed her?

I'd say very unlikely you've done any harm. Most fume based risks come from long term exposure too them as opposed to a single blast! And also, a lot of risks from fumes are more so in the first trimester. Similarly with medication, one dose of say ibrubrofen is unlikely to cause any damage. Repeateded usage in pregnancy might do. But double check the label and def speak to your midwife/doctor for some reassurance if you are worried!

I'm a lot paranoid and don't allow poisons (including cleaning products, pesticides, herbicides, commercial soaps, etc.) in my home. I had cancer as a kid, and it could still come back at any time. I'm careful to live as natural and safe a life as possible to keep it away. So, when we once had ants, and my OH decided to buy some spray and spray the house inside and out. WHAT? AT MY HOUSE? NO WAY. That does not happen. I seriously freaked out. I opened all the windows, had my parents stay, and we went on vacation for a week while the house could air out and the poison could ... I dunno... get less strong? When we came in, we scrubbed all the walls down and mopped the floors and cleaned every darned thing else that I've ever touched in my life.

Anyway, I went on a rant with that one. I'm sure it didn't hurt your baby, but I'd consider keeping that stuff out of the house. https://howrid.com/house/get-rid-of-weevils/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->