Freaking out

Rymel12

Reaction score
So I just got my BFP for #2 and I'm totally freaking out, like in the panicked kind of way. It's like all of a sudden I felt instantly super pregnant and became so overwhelmed. When I told my husband he was not even really excited, like the thrill of a BFP doesn't exist since we already have a child. He basically said he knew it, we side hugged and that was it, moving on with the morning. I don't need a parade or anything, but I know my hubby despite wanting a second child is anxious and already stressed about another kid. The unknown scares him and me too. I have a history of anxiety and I recall when I was preggo with my DD I can recall not feeling much anxiety at all the whole pregnancy despite numerous stressors and complications along the way which is comforting but I'm totally freaking out at the moment. And I have an 11 hour work day ahead of me which I'm really not looking forward to cause I'm exhausted. Oh hormones, you have a way of making everything so dramatic! Anyone else respond to their pregnancy this way at first? It's not that I'm not excited, I am, just the unknown of being pregnant and being a mom of two assuming all goes well is scaring me at the moment and I thought I'd feel differently.

Yep. That was us with our second BFP. I just silently put the test in his hand. He nodded then looked at our one year old and said "looks like your going to have a sibling." We also knew there was a slight possibility but there was still a little surprise. First couple weeks to follow were a little depressing. Going over all our options and if we could handle it. Once a majority of the anxiety got out of the way it was better. I notice my hubby mimics my moods so when I start mentioning the baby more often and my symptoms with some light teasing, the mood got better. The excitement for a baby is now there.

Give it a little bit of time. Although the initial positive may not have been as exciting, you still have plenty of milestones to look at. Such as first ultra sound, finding the sex, first kicks. Excitement will follow. It will just be different is all.

Don't worry I'm sure you will feel better soon! My bfp this time was a huge surprise as we were NOT ttc and we were done having kids. I felt all the same feelings as you, scared, have on amd off anxiety as well, not really sure what a house with 3 babies will look like. I found out 2 weeks ago and it's starting to sink in now and I'm starting to get a little excited.

I really felt the exact same way and it always comes with a guilty feeling because you think you should be thrilled. My man and I are getting married the end of June and I have a four year old daughter whose father is not in the picture at all, so I really was looking forward to the 3 of us being a family for at least a year first before even thinking about a sibling. My daughter loves this man but it's still new for her having a father figure and now I feel all sorts of guilt for throwing another kink in the mix when she's already adjusting to so much. When I found out, I just cried and cried, even though he was pretty excited since this will be his first. I remember telling him and crying and he started to get all excited and talk about baby names and I remember saying "thanks for being supportive. but could you please not talk." lol what a bitch I was. I have since come around at least for his sake. But I am still completely overwhelmed, scared out of my mind, and nervous with crying spells. Oh the fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->