FRER & Digi - 14/15dpo - too light?

Hawaii

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post but hopefully I'll be around more if this baby sticks. Sorry if this is too long but hoping to get some opinions from you all:
I've been TTC for duration of my marriage (2.5 years). I'm 29 and have PCOS. As you can probably imagine I am shocked and in disbelief that this cycle actually *worked* and I'm having a hard time not questioning everything!

This cycle I took 1/2 a trigger shot (5000iu) on Monday October 12, IUI on the 13th, BD on the 13th and 14th, with an additional booster trigger of 2500iu on the 14th as well. I don't chart so I'm not positive which, but I think today would be either 14dpo or 15dpo. I suppose it's possible my second booster burst another follie and I'm not quite right with the O date? Not sure if that's how it works or if that's even possible - I've never taken 2 shots. The reason for the half trigger was concern for OHSS.

I've been getting faint positives since I started testing on Thursday 9dpo?. In the past my trigger shot has stayed in my system for 14 days past, granted that was a little bit of a bigger dose. Anyway I guess I'm saying I think those early positives were my trigger as I hold onto it longer than average. They started getting darker around 11dpo.

I got a beta hcg on Monday, it was only 26 :cry: Also a negative digital test at that time (see photo). Going back in for repeat labs today but won't find out until tomorrow, horrible timing as I work all day at the hospital and don't want to be devastated at work but also can't imagine not knowing as soon as I can!

Is my line too light for 14/15dpo? Am I having a chemical? I've never had one. Is my progression okay between the two days?

I hope I attached photos okay:
13dpo? Monday beta two hours after this test:26

15dpo? Wednesday beta later this afternoon

I will update this in the next week with how things progressed if anyone is interested.
Thank you for your honest opinions.

Attachments

• 13dpo.jpg
    13dpo.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 15dpo.jpg
    15dpo.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 64
Doesn't look to light to me ! Also chemical pregnancies usually don't get that dark. They stay pretty faint and don't really progress that much. Usually. But your progression looks good to me. Good luck to you!

Thank you for your comment. I feel like a crazy person but I'm so nervous! After trying for so long I can't believe this might really be it. Only time will tell I guess.

It looks and sounds perfectly fine to me. You have nothing to worry about! :) That first frer was very pale so it's not surprising that the digi was neg seeing as they are not as sensitive as frers. The second one is clear as day!

You shouldn't worry about a chemical right now. Things have progressed so that's all that matters! And 14/15dpo is in the normal range. Usually people get their bfps between 10-15dpo, and in more uncommon situation, much later!

And seeing as you weren't charting, there's no way for you to be sure when you actually ovulated. You could have ovulated later for all you know. Either way, there is nothing to worry about! Get your beta done anyway so you see the numbers double but definitely be more relaxed :) Everything will be fine!

Your progression looks great so I think it's on track like it should be! Update us with the blood results tomorrow. :) Congrats!

xx

Beautiful lines. I've had chemicals, miscarriages and 2 healthy pregnancies and your tests are looking great to me. I had a chemical early this months, it was a faint line on Wednesday, stronger one Thursday, fainter on Friday with bleeding, negative on Saturday.

Every pregnancy is so different. I had an instant line as dark as the control at 11dpo with Thomas. At 13dpo I got the most vague faint line on an FR with Sophie. My lines looked much like yours at your approximate DPO - happy healthy child :).

Thanks ladies. My fingers are crossed. Took my second beta this afternoon but will not hear anything until tomorrow. I'll update tomorrow. Something I didn't mention was that I've spotted very lightly since Monday night, so about 48 hours now. Not enough for a panty liner, only when I wipe, and it's brown (never red or even pink). My progesterone is on the low side, 12.9, could that be what's causing it? That's even w/ being on 200mg PO every night during my TWW. I've always had trouble with progesterone :( They've doubled the dose after finding out it was 12.9, so hopefully that helps with the spotting? Should I push for suppositories (I've heard that's the best) or is oral sufficient?

So, I got my results back. For optimistic purposes I'll call yesterday 14dpo (originally I was saying 14/15dpo). So, my beta on 14dpo was 66! Not super awesome but more than doubled :thumbup: I did the calculation online given the time I got them done and the doubling time is 34 hours. That's okay, right? So, even though it remains low, too low probably, I do have a little more hope right now. Not sure if I'll ever feel out of the woods though. I'll constantly wonder about my low HCG to start and worry about miscarriage even if we do make it. I guess that's what infertility does.

My progesterone on Monday was 12.9 - Two days later it's 53.9! :shrug: Super happy. I have been on progesterone supplements during TWW but they added an am dose after they saw 12.9. So I basically had two extra doses in that time frame and it shot straight up. I've read it can vary day to day or even time of day but that seems like a big jump!

Next beta tomorrow. Praying it gets a nice healthy jump. Dealing with infertility for so long makes this whole thing real surreal.

Photo is progression between yesterday FMU test (before 66 beta) and today FMU test. Looks darker. Please let this be a sticky healthy baby!!

Attachments

• yay.jpg
    yay.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 21
Yea I think yoir more than fine. You should sit back and relax and enjoy for now ! That last picture is super dark!

Just so you know, the light bleeding/brown discharge was most likely implantation bleeding. It often happens for about 1-3 days. When I got my bfp, I had clear cm stained with blood and then was wiping pink on and off for 2 days and my pregnancy is doing great! As long as the bleeding is not excessive or painful, there isn't anything to worry about.

Also, low or not, all that matters is that the numbers have at least doubled :) Congrats!

H&h 9 months!

I was hopeful it was implantation bleeding but it seemed late for that? I don't know - For as long as I've been TTC I've never really thought about getting a BFP and have no idea what's "normal" since I've never gotten one! Thankfully it seems to have stopped for the most part, so that's good. My doctor thought it was my low progesterone and the higher level should correct that.. It was almost nonexistent yesterday and today haven't even seen the hint of anything so I guess she was right. Thanks for the comment :)

Your lines look fantastic especially the most recent one that's so dark! Iv had two chemical pregnancies and neither time did the lines ever get as dark so I really don't think you have anything to worry about with a chemical pregnancy! Congratulations Hun and h&h 9 months to you x

I guess I was right to be concerned. I took a beta at 17dpo and it was only 112. From my previous beta, that's only a doubling rate of 90 hours. :cry: Repeating beta on Wednesday which will be 21dpo but already knowing this is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->