• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Frer Progression- Chemical?

Hi guys - so bad news. My hcg went from 34 to 23. Def chemical. My dr said that in the next week I should expect a heavy period and that we can start trying again immediately if we feel up to it. I think we are or at least that's how I'm feeling right now. Thank you for the outpouring of love and support. I think I would have fallen apart without you guys !!!!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear. :(

I send you lots of baby dust and prayers for the future.

Sorry to read these results, but I'm happy for you that you conceived! I know you were hoping for a better outcome, but I'm sure there is a part of you that feels relieved to know what's going on. I read stories all the time of ladies getting pregnant first cycle after a loss so fingers crossed for your sticky bean right around the corner!

I am such a "black or white" kind of person that I am almost relieved? If that makes sense? It's so much more painful to just hold out hope.

And it's true that at least I was able to conceive! With an amh .2! That said new worries re cropping up - are my eggs bad quality ? Is that why this happened?
Thank you all for your stories- I am so looking forward to next cycle!!

Is there any harm in you two still TTC while you move forward with testing and whatever preliminary work ups need to be done for ivf?

Sorry sweet, but I'm glad you have your answer! Fingers crossed for next time xxx

I had a chemical 6 months ago, and like you- I just knew.
I was devastated though, so only JUST tried again and BOOM pregnant first time try (much to the fiance's disappointment haha). So far so good, and I also have a happy healthy three year old!
So I wouldn't say all your eggs are bad eggs, maybe, unfortunately that this time round something just wasn't right- but that doesn't mean it will be next time.

But you CAN get pregnant- which is a very positive sign. So I say go for it as soon as you feel ready. I understand they're awful to go through and they do mess with your head a little. I tested every day for 2 weeks with this one (I could have afforded a weekend away with the amount I spent haha)- I was just convinced that one day the line would disappear and it didn't! I'll be honest I'm still very nervous but so far so good.

I wish you all the luck in the world and plenty of baby dust for you <3

Sorry to hear :hugs: can't wait to hear from you soon - bet you'll be back shortly with a beautiful blazing BFP!

I'm sorry to hear this hon. Will you be trying naturally until IVF process?

Huge hugs! Im glad you have closure now and you can try again. I'm sending my thoughts to you xxx

Thanks Bella! I hope so. I think I will continue to try. No harm in it.

@lava i think this is messing a little with my head especially since I am not bleeding yet. This is my longest cycle ever (I am normally either 27 or 29 with the majority being 27). I had some very not happy thoughts yesterday when visiting instagram and then I had a really bad day at work with my boss being mean...so I feel so very overwhelmed and it's prob that my hormones are out of whack right now.

@stillpraying I know you've been through the ringer and you show such strength. I feel like I just need to pull it together. I want to ttc as soon as possible- kind of forget this whole episode if that makes sense? I hope in this next week it resolves itself ie. I start bleeding to clear out. I think we will continue to try until IVF. IVF just is a lot to consider. And it scares me a little. I don't know- I should prob pop over to the IVF section and read a little bit more.

It's so good to come back and hear your responses. How are you ladies doing ? I saw a woman w a 3 day old at my ped's yesterday and she was so sweet and the baby was so so cute. I hope I will be holding my own soon. I hope we all are holding our healthy babies in our arms in our future. :kiss:

:hugs: I'm sure your feelings are a bit influenced by your hormones at the moment! I hope you can relax over the weekend. Losses are difficult, but honestly I think the worst part about them is how they taint future pregnancies. You have this worry in the back of your mind that things again won't work out, and even your partner can sometimes be affected. It can cause you to detach from future pregnancies even though you want to celebrate them.

Not to say this will happen to everyone, but it's something I know many people go through and that I personally struggled with. It wasn't just the m/c for me, it was also my traumatic first pregnancy when i was told at 12 weeks the baby probably wouldn't make it, and dr's said i'd probably lose him by 15 weeks. I didn't finally get the "ok" until about 22 weeks but i kept going in for ultrasounds, every one being nerve wrecking.

I think it was about 17 weeks for me, when I had a private scan done, that I finally let myself truly connect to this current pregnancy. And that's ok! It's normal to want to protect ourselves.

Wanted to also add with my 5 week m/c I was very relieved, even though I was a bit sad when I started bleeding. I think that's normal and ok too :thumbup: I was just happy not to be in limbo anymore as I was also going through lines not progressing.

I agree with Gigs, that is the hardest part about losses, is feeling like you can't truly be excited about other pregnancies. I felt the same way about the chemiclas, just relieved to be out of limbo and wanted to move on. :hugs:I'm sure the idea of IVF is overwhelming, but hopefully talking to some of those ladies and reading up on it will help you feel more comfortable. In the meantime I hope it happens naturally for you! Are you taking any supplements to boost egg quality?

I agree with Gigs, that is the hardest part about losses, is feeling like you can't truly be excited about other pregnancies. I felt the same way about the chemiclas, just relieved to be out of limbo and wanted to move on. :hugs:I'm sure the idea of IVF is overwhelming, but hopefully talking to some of those ladies and reading up on it will help you feel more comfortable. In the meantime I hope it happens naturally for you! Are you taking any supplements to boost egg quality?

I am taking co-q 10 - I think that's it. I am actually starting to investigate how my lifestyle affects egg health. I am a HUGE workout person, like I work out everyday and hard. I was/am also on thin side. I did gain 8 lbs last month so that I can be a better position to ttc so I am hoping that helps too. I am just wondering if it's my workouts? Or my coffee? I really really like coffee. I don't drink and my diet is ok (besides my nightly cookies!). There;s a part of me that wants to make changes to diet/lifestyle and then there's a part of me that is really pissed off: there are people who are doing god knows what who get pregnant and don't even know it! My vice is coffee and my boot camp class? :saywhat:

I am totally open to supplements but I guess I really have to work out making changes in the other two areas. What are your thoughts? Have you read it starts with an egg?

Re getting excited about other pregnancies- this is kind of a sad thing to share but I am going to share it anyway because this is why this forum is so incredible: I am a really sensitive person- like a beating heart on two legs type of person and I think this whole experience, coupled with the fact that I found out that 4 people close to me who have babies my son's age are all pregnant w number 2 in Dec same time I found out that I prob couldn't ever naturally conceive...I think I am just scarred. And sometimes angry. And sad/depressed. I feel like until I am holding #2 in my arms, it's going to be really hard to get excited or to even plan. Just seeing how things can change so so quickly...that was a HUGE shock. I know you ladies can relate :hugs:

:hugs: absolutely. I had 6 people I knew pregnant at the same time. Three of those were friends that would have babies close to the age of mine had either of the cp or mc stuck. It was so painful when we had get togethers (birthday parties or, worse yet, baby showers) and the three of them would pose together for bump pics. One of the non local ladies conceived hers and had her before I successfully got pregnant. I am one of those "there's a reason for everything" people and I believed there was a reason but I didn't know what it was. Now I'm pregnant and just learned recently one of my close friends (I'm good friends with her but her husband is practically like a brother to me, if not a very close long time friend) is pregnant! And she's only about 11 weeks behind me. I look back at the local friends I mentioned earlier and there's none i'd rather have a "pregnancy buddy" with moreso than this friend that I actually do get to experience it with.

Point being, there is a reason you may not see yet :hugs: and when you are holding your baby, you'll realize being pregnant at any other time would not have given you that specific child, and you'll be grateful!

Regarding coffee...there's a lot of conflicting information about the effects of too much caffeine. Most sources say small amounts are ok, some say it's fine, and some say too much causes miscarriages. I can't imagine your healthy lifestyle is hindering your ability to conceive, especially if your periods are regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"