Fresh cycle or single FET?

MissMonty

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just looking for some fedback on this - our recent 2nd ICSI cycle has resulted in a BFN :cry: We have one little frostie left.

We are wondering if we should try another whole fresh cycle and hope this will produce enough good embies to tranfer 2 again and hopefully have some to freeze too. If our 3rd fresh attempt doesn't work then hopefully we'll have a few extra embies in the freezer.

We're luckly to have the dosh to do more fresh cycles so thinking this might be the way to go - what do people think?

We've got a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks - also thinking about changing fertility clinics - currenlty we're with Care.

Thanks in advance.

A close friends of mine who was in the same situation decided to do a fresh. It is such a hard decision - obviously the clinic will give you some good advice. I think I might go fresh again.

Millions of :hugs: hun. xo

heya sweetheart :hugs:

tough decision to make hun - but which ever you do, it will be the right one for you x x x

completely my opinion, but this might help to weigh up one against the other - DH and I had 2 blastos in the freezer after our first failed icsi. I said to him that i felt very negative about having a frozen transfer and was tempted to self fund a fresh cycle. DH said that we should think about the 2 frozen blastos first, but this was more about financial implications (these FET's would be on the NHS).

After much deliberation, we decided to go for FET - 2 reasons - cost effective, and less stress on my body. We had ear marked next summer for funded fresh cycle if the two FET's didnt work. The blasto survived the thaw and is now doing well.

every situation is different hun, and you'll know in your heart of hearts which is the best plan of action for you :hugs: x x x thinking of you x

heya sweetheart :hugs:

tough decision to make hun - but which ever you do, it will be the right one for you x x x

completely my opinion, but this might help to weigh up one against the other - DH and I had 2 blastos in the freezer after our first failed icsi. I said to him that i felt very negative about having a frozen transfer and was tempted to self fund a fresh cycle. DH said that we should think about the 2 frozen blastos first, but this was more about financial implications (these FET's would be on the NHS).

After much deliberation, we decided to go for FET - 2 reasons - cost effective, and less stress on my body. We had ear marked next summer for funded fresh cycle if the two FET's didnt work. The blasto survived the thaw and is now doing well.

every situation is different hun, and you'll know in your heart of hearts which is the best plan of action for you :hugs: x x x thinking of you x

I agree... FET's can work and often do. Mine didnt though. I had two 3 x dayers and only one thawed and then just recently i had one 3 x dayer from the 2nd IVF and that never even thawed. I dont have much faith in it although its nice to see when it does work. Its true though there are hardly any meds involved and its no stress on your body compared to IVF so thats a plus point... quick and easy and a chance is a chance. But like i said i would go for fresh! :hugs:

Thanks for your replies ladies :flower:

Still got some time to think about it - appointment not till the end of next week. DH really wants to go for a new fresh cycle, I keep feeling bad for our little frozen embie and think I might want to give it a chance, DH thinks we should have a fresh go and hopefully produce more embies again to use in the future. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->