"friend" laughs when I told her the name we've chosen

Next time she asks your opinion on her hair/makeup/clothes laugh :)

I love that post, will def be using that in the future, we went through a lot of upset choosing our sons name as when people asked they didnt like them or smirked. Now we have decided other than my children no one else gets to comment they will know his name when they meet him after his born, let them mock him then.
Some people are really not thoughtful, I love yr name as we are thinging of Matthew Christopher Warren for our little boy and will abbrev to Matt xx

we've chosen quite an unusual name and most people like it but those who don't tend to express their opinion as if it mattered or as if I was actually asking them their opinion so I always say then that I am not asking their opinion, I'm just answering their question. it shuts them up a little

It's a lovely name, I have a romanian friend called Matteo, it gets shortened to Mao, and it's cute :) Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as you like it!
Mao- that is really cute, never thought of that shortcut x

I really love that name. If you like it, definately keep it.

i had a similar problem. if ive a girl im calling her bella jane, my friend laughed and said she had a god called bella wen she was younge!! and this was after i told her i was not sharing my name with anyone until after baby born incase anyone tried to put me off it.

That's an adorable name! It's not very common, but I have heard it before.

I have the same reaction when people hear our little boys name, Freddy.

We like it and my dd loves the fact her little freddy is coming.

Dont let it bother you hun, hes your little boy after all xx

well i don't what is she expecting..this baby is going to be half romanian and half british
Matteo=Matthew and it means gift from God, which it is!! :)

ahh thats lovely. i like the name!!! ignore you "friend"!!

I like the name, very unusual :D

Apart from my dad and my grandma theres not one person i've told the name of this baby that hasn't either laughed or come out with some funny comment about what a terrible 'old fashioned' name it is (I'm calling her Lydia). I did start to doubt whether I should have it as I don't want everyone hating my daughters name but no its my baby and I have decided to stick with the name that I love.

So if that's the name you want I think ignore what anyone else says, its really nothing to do with them :hugs:

I really like that name. I wouldn't worry about it, that is just plain rude of her.

When my friend and I were both pregnant with our 1st babies, she told me her boys name and I admit I thought good god you can't call a child that! but didn't say anything, she did tell her sister though who said there was no way she would let her call him that then she changed her mind - fortunately she had a girl! Best advice tell no one until he is here.

A lot of my family don't like the name i've chosen but its not their choice at the end of the day.

Don't let anybody put doubts in your head, they'll get used to it when the baby's here!

I don't know why she laughed it isn't like it is a crazy name.

I love it!

I told a "friend" that we were naming our LO Owen Eugene and she laughed and said "really? You know he is going to get teased with a middle name like that!" :( It was my grandfathers middle name and is a real honor to my family that we are using his middle name for our son. People are insensitive

My brother's middle name is Eugene and my middle name is Jean. People always make fun of them, but they are family names and I really don't care what other people think! LOL

I've heard it before and I love it! People have laughed at a lot of the names I have mentioned liking and even family members haven't disguised the fact they think my son's name (Arthur) is stupid :growlmad: I pay no attention; we like it and it's a very sacred name to us (he's named after my husband's late father), If we were having a boy this time he would have been called Stanley and my aunt said "you may aswell just call him Tool" :dohh: What happened to being gracious and accepting? We're all individuals and we like different things but to laugh and make hurful comments is just petty :growlmad:

Don't worry about it. If she doesn't like the name fair enough :shrug: but no need to be rude about it. :hugs::hugs:

Friends of ours sons name is Matteo, it is a really nice name. It is very European, my sons name is Adriano (Adrian for short). I think you picked a nice name, who cares what other people think. Everyone has different tastes.

Not a name I know but I like it :thumbup:

My daughter's name remains a secret... I know someone would try and put me off so they're not getting the chance! :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->