Friends who are newly pregnant & think they know it all

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
Sorry, rant!

We have friends who have just found out they are expecting after months of trying (and who I think were upset with me because I got pregnant straight away & it took them over 8 months). They have decided that a waterbirth is the way to go because it is the 'thing to do'. They keep asking me if I am having one (I am not) & questioning why I wouldn't want to have one when it helps pain relief & cleans the baby on the way out (yes, seriously, that is one of their arguements). When I tell them I am not, they are really down on the idea of a 'regular' birth & keep telling me that I should consider a water birth! I am not interested at all in this & it is not for me & it really is starting to annoy me that they ask me about it every time I see them! I don't preach to them about things (like my friend still choosing to ride her bike to work through central London (specially when she has had about 5 crashes int he last 12 months!)..

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but it is really starting to piss me off that they have been pregnant for 2 seconds & are already trying to preach to others what they think is best!

So glad it's not just me that grates on! Reckon as hard as it is best to ignore it.

My sis was like that, but now there's been a few "ask your older sis" moments, which ofcourse makes me feel appreciated :D

I havent had this as such..
Ive had people trying to give me unwanted advice about my pregnancy, forgetting that Ive already got a toddler, so dont really need to hear about how slow the last few weeks will go, or how i need to pack my hospital bag now, or how its going to be hard with a newborn and a toddler (even though they dont have kids!) Im quite aware that its going to be hard, a newborn is hard alone, and so is a toddler, so together.. I dont even want to think about it :haha: x

That would really piss me off. I've got friends without kids that ask all kinda stupid questions like that about the birth and "but why?" everything I say. She tells me what you can and can't do pregnant. Shit drives me insane. I've often thought of just smacking her and blaming it on hormones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->