from 1st tri .. question for anyone using dopplers

Loralaura

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I am 10 weeks today
have posted this in first tri but thought may get some more responses from here too!

I spontaneously decided to rent a Doppler this week from a medical website (FDA) approved.

ive been a little anxious as I had a m/c a few years ago and I was so anxious last time round carrying my son I spent more time visiting hospital for reassurance than I did in my own bed! I though a Doppler would help me stay functional!

it arrived on Wednesday I listened in but couldn't find HB, then on Thursday at 9+5 I heard it and again yesterday. I've decided to put it away for a while as I didn't realise at the time of renting there is some controversy around using Doppler's...
after reading I got a little freaked out about people saying they can heat the tissue around the baby etc

I was just wondering, has anyone used one before in previous pregnancies or using one this time around?

thanks x

I listen once a day, only briefly as I can find it so fast now. I think it should be ok, bad things have been said about ultrasounds too and we all still have them with no issues :)

I've had 3 previous pregnancies used a doppler each time, never had no problems always been able to hear baby and the placenta ect Im expecting my 4th and still listen every now and again I love the doppler I'd be lost without it xxx

I've had one with both pregnancies. Walmart has them for like $30:)

It can be hard to find LO before 14 weeks so don't get too frustrated or stressed if you can't find the HB. Also, I learned baby is always lower than you think! Pretty close to the hair line :)

The further I get the less I use it. But it's great for the stress levels!

Hey ladies, I am 10 weeks today
have posted this in first tri but thought may get some more responses from here too!

I spontaneously decided to rent a Doppler this week from a medical website (FDA) approved.

ive been a little anxious as I had a m/c a few years ago and I was so anxious last time round carrying my son I spent more time visiting hospital for reassurance than I did in my own bed! I though a Doppler would help me stay functional!

it arrived on Wednesday I listened in but couldn't find HB, then on Thursday at 9+5 I heard it and again yesterday. I've decided to put it away for a while as I didn't realise at the time of renting there is some controversy around using Doppler's...
after reading I got a little freaked out about people saying they can heat the tissue around the baby etc

I was just wondering, has anyone used one before in previous pregnancies or using one this time around?

thanks x

My midwife says it's fine as long as you don't hover over the heartbeat for more then 10-15 minutes after you find it. I used it 1-2x per day since 12 weeks but now at 19+1 I can feel my little boy move all the time so I'm using it way less now. I'm considered high risk and my hospital offers short times every day just to listen to the HB if you don't feel okay.
After a few times it takes a very short time to find it (although now the baby has so much room that I it takes me 1-2 minutes sometimes to find him) but I've had 2-3 times where it takes me over 30 minutes to just find it so don't panic if you have a hard time finding it.

I asked both my GP and my OB about the safety of using my Doppler last pregnancy. My GP told me that it was totally safe and even kind of laughed when I questioned it lol.
My OB said it was totally safe too, only he told me to throw it away because they cause more stress than good because we are not trained to use them and women freak out when they can't find the heartbeat.
I find find it really reassuring to use and k ow that if I can't find it one day that it doesn't mean the worst has happened, and to try again later.

I have used it in all my pregnancies. Both my girls are amazing, healthy and one is incredibly advanced (walking at 8 months, very smart) .. I used it at least once a day sometimes more if needed for reassurance after my losses. As I get further along I tend to use it less but I often still use it to hear heart beat pattern!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->