From assisted conception to third tri ( almost there :-) )

My son was a natural surprise bfp the month before we were suppose to start ivf. Congrats to her!

I won't be packing mine till 34 weeks or 35 depending on when I fly back home to have the baby.

Hey Kelly what do you mean fly back home to have baby ? Are you living away from home ??

Nope but we're moving next month to the northwest territories to an isolated village where I can't deliver cause there is no hospital so I'm flying back to Nova Scotia to have the baby where my family lives.

Wow an isolated village that sounds a bit scary, is it for work ? Doesn't it worry you having children living where there is no hospital ??

It is for work and there is a health centre with two registered nurses plus I am a registered nurse to, a doc flys in every 3 or so weeks for a couple of days, anything emergency related gets flown to Yellowknife so we're not completely without help, if he breaks a bone we'll get flown out etc. I'd be more worried about the adults in the communities having heart attacks etc, though there is a crash cart at the health centre. Plus will be back in NS 4-5 months of the year visiting and such.

i still think you are very brave, i'm not much of a mover, i was brought home from the hospital to the house i lived in with my parents until i was engaged & have lived in the same apartment with my hubby & now daughter/s since then ! i get attached to where i live - lol

^ wow thats impressive. I've moved TONS! Like 5 or 6 times before I moved out for university then another 7 times to get me where I am today, thankfully our moves won't be as often anymore, I like going to new places but it's exhausting.

ayclobes - Congrats on your dh being able to feel Preston kick! It is so amazing when our hubby's are able to feel it for the first time. My dh talks to my tummy to try and get our lo to kick/move more. It is so wonderful to see them loving it as much as we are.

Taylah - Thanks for letting me know about wish, that's amazing news for her, she must be over the moon! After so many years of trying to get her bfp naturally is brillant.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like there is a party in my tummy on a nightly basis! I really wasn't expecting to feel as much movement as I'm feeling, which is wonderful and very reassuring.

Kelly - Wow, I can't believe that your moving to the NWT! My SIL's parents live in Dawson (YT) and I can't believe how they do it. Although they love it! I think it takes a special person to live in some of those isolated villages and endure the winters on the Canadian north! Enjoy your time back in NS with your family.

It's starting to get hot here so I'm really hoping that I'm going to be able to survive the summer without a pool or air-conditioning. I'm getting a bit better nights sleep by building a fortress of pillows in bed every night to help me sleep. I'm currently using 5 pillows, lol. I think that my dh is lucky that we have a king size bed as there would be no room let for him in a smaller bed with all my pillows!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm with ya Sam , love my pillows , my hubby was complaining last night that one was sticking into his bum-lol i told him he would be complaining a lot more if he had a big bun in the oven so shush up ! i too am not really looking forward to the over heating that is on its way , this year is supposed to be one of the hottest summers we have had in a few years - typical bad timing, i usually love the heat just fix it by stripping down to bikini & swimming , not this year that's for sure - not a good look !

I went to the public pool at 30+ weeks pg with my son, I wore shorts over my bikini bottoms but bared my tummy, the relief from the pool was just to great to ignore. Some people did stare but meh.

It's weird to think of it being hot where you are when it's cold here. I'd of preferred to go to YK instead of NWT but it wasn't an option. So NWT it is with colder temps. Could be worse they could have sent us to Nunavut!

Sam - thank you! preston is a lazy baby, he'll be crazy active one day..then super quiet and calm the next..it freaks me out!

Tulip wouldn't stop moving last night she would drag parts of her body full across and around my belly.

Kelly - Personally I don't think I could survive in either, NWT or Nunavut. I lived in Vancouver for 6 years and spent a few days in Winnipeg in the winter. That was bad enough for me, lol! I've gotten so big in the bust that I wouldn't even fit into my bikini to go swimming. Maybe, I'll just have to go and hang out in the shopping centres with air-conditioning if it gets too bad.

^ lol! I have a larger swim suit from before I had my son and lost a bunch of extra weight and my breast are not as big as they were with my first so it should fit perfectly. I'll let you know wednesday, I'm going to the pool... will probably wear some shorts over my bottoms though so as not to scare anyone.

I too have bought some board shorts to go. Over my bottom & a long bikini top but it won't go all the way over my bump anymore so if anyone has a problem with looking at my bump - bad luck !

Just did a antenatal yoga class at the hospital & it actually made me feel quite good seeing other pregnant women due around same time , I don't feel like such a whale anymore ( even tho i am , they are too - lol ) the actual yoga was good too made me feel relaxed & a bit less tensed up !

Sam - thank you! preston is a lazy baby, he'll be crazy active one day..then super quiet and calm the next..it freaks me out!

My bub is the same some days doesn't stop other days are pretty quiet, I get worried too ! :baby:

My bub is the same some days doesn't stop other days are pretty quiet, I get worried too ! :baby:

He was super quiet yesterday morning, then i was running around doing alot at work, so i probably put him to sleep..but the minute i got home, ate, drank water and laid down on the couch or was in our reclincer he went nuts! i counted 13-15 kicks/punches in the 5-10minute mark! saturday evening, i was on the couch with our dog on my side..and my dogs paw moved or went up 3x in a row..he musta kicked hard! he tends to favorite my left side.

A girl i work with told me to mention the pressure i've been feeling to my dr, she said when she was pregnant with her son..she had lots of pressure..and turned out she was dilated 1.5-2 at 25ish wks and she didnt have bh or contractions! hmm..i'll have to mention it to her...when i see her on dec 3!

I get pressure too but it's usually when I'm having BH !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->