From assisted conception to third tri ( almost there :-) )

i called the triage line, and a nurse called me back. If i'm worried, they'll try to get me in..but they have nothing available any earlier! and i work everyday this week. I have not had any BH or contractions. The pressure is usually when im walking consistently--like at walmart or the grocery store..but its not all the time

Sounds like BH to me, does your whole tummy go hard ? I usually get them when walking around & sometimes when I'm sitting too

I get pressure on and off to usually with a BH and usually from walking for longer periods of time or walking at a fast pace.

i don't notice if my belly gets hard or not, so i don't think its bh. i just know that i was not contracting at all

Here's my 22 week bump pic from this morning :)

Attachments

• Tulip22.jpg
    Tulip22.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Tulip22a.jpg
    Tulip22a.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2
^ jealous you look so good & tiny , lucky you !

Ayclobes - next time you feel the pressure just feel your lower tummy & see if it feels harder than usual, if it does that's a BH, it doesn't actually really feel like you are contracting just a tightening feeling with pressure !

How is everyone else ?? I'm 30 weeks today - yay 9 more weeks till c-section ( maybe 8, if placenta is still too low )

I don't think I'm bigger then my last two definitely smaller which I would have thought is be a bit bigger. Oh well I don't mind people can tell I'm pregnant now which makes me happy.

Yay for 30 weeks taylah I can't wait to be 30 weeks. The last week went by sooooo slow for me.

Feels like time is going slower the further I get ! I guess it's because we are so looking forward to meeting our bubs :)

I just want to be 30-32 weeks so I can relax knowing if babe comes she'll have great odds of being ok. This paranoia is killing me and all the pain from baby girls position is not helping, I'm in agony and the pressure is unnerving.

The pressure was pretty consistent last night at work, so i left work and went to the hospital. I was not dilated, no UTI and they monitored baby and i for almost 2 hours. I have an appt with my dr in a couple hours. The nurse last night told me if the pressure is usually when i get up to walk, and its not noticible when im sitting or laying down, to consider going off work or going "light duty". I work in a group home, there is no such thing as "light duty".

Taylah - Congrats on making it to 30 weeks. We are definitely on the homeward stretch now! I've also got 9 more weeks until my due date (but really hoping that my lo will come a week or 2 early). You mentioned that you did yoga at your antenatal class and enjoyed it. Are you going to look into doing anymore classes? I've been doing prenatal yoga once a week since I was about 20 weeks. My body always feels so much better after a class!

Kelly - Your 22 week bump shot is lovely. I had a cousin that also had a fairly small bump and she just gave birth to an 8lb 4oz baby girl (I think big babies are in the genes, lol). I know that this isn't going to make you feel any better but 2nd tri went so slow for me, it sounds like it is the same for you. Only 2 weeks though and then it is your v-day, which is an exciting milestone.

ayclobes - I hope all goes well with your dr's appoint and that you are able to get some reassurance that everything is okay.

I'm off to Cairns this weekend for my niece's christening (lucky it is only a 2 hr flight). I haven't seen her since she was born about 8 weeks ago, so it will interesting to see how much she has grown. She is apparently really alert now. Then on Monday I have my 32 wk appoint with my OB, and I'm really hoping that my lo is in the correct position.

Sam: Weeks 16 (when we found out gender) to about week 20 went decently fast but now that I'm approaching the big milestone it's dragging. I honestly think it's going to drag till I'm at least 30 weeks cause I want to get there so badly already. My son was 7 lbs 13oz though my belly was a bit bigger then it is now I was relatively small... I just pray for a babe under 8 pounds lol.

Hey Sam , yeh I felt really good after the antenatal yoga class, my back felt a lot better ( its been killing me ) & I loved the relaxation part at the end , it's a long class 2 hours but I figure it's about time I take some time to do something for myself, I'm doing it at the hospital & if you do the antenatal you can do the postnatal & take bub with you up to 6 months old , the classes are free but the parking is expensive costs $25-30 , do you do your classes through hospital or somewhere else ?
I love cairns ,so nice to getaway & probably last time you will be flying anywhere ! Make sure you get a certificate from doc or midwife saying you are fit to fly, otherwise they can refuse to let u on the plane, just recently they wouldn't let a woman on a plane in NZ saying she was too pregnant to fly ( virgin ) the worst part is she wasn't even pregnant - lol I'm sure they will be facing a lawsuit over that one !
Oh & best of luck for your appointment on Monday hope bub is exactly where he is supposed to be , who knows we might just have our bubs at the same time !

Kelly - I hope you get your under 8 pounder , I feel like I have gotten so so much bigger in the last couple of weeks so you have plenty of time to get nice & big :)

Ayclobes - good to hear everything seems to be ok , good luck with your doctors appointment xx

^ oh yes thats true, I got quiet a bit bigger a bit later on in my first pregnancy so I don't doubt it!

Taylah - I'm flying virgin to Cairns and I have a dr's letter, which I'm really glad I have now after hearing your story about the lady in NZ. Wow, a 2 hr yoga class, that is long. Mine goes for 1hr. I'm going to prenatal yoga classes at a local studio. They also offer mum's and bubs yoga which I hoping to do afterwards too.

Everything went well with my dr appt. She said the pressure i'd been having was attributed to his head being right on my cervix most likely. She said he's in the position, and she could feel his head while checking to make sure i was not dilated. She gave me a note saying i can't work more than 8 hours per day..so we'll see how that goes. Tomorrow i'm supposed to work 15hrs, but 8 of those is sleeping so we'll see. I also have to see an orthopedic for my carpal tunnel, as the brace really isnt helping.

^ I'm getting the pressure feeling to, it's freaky but it comes and goes.

Anyone here use a maternity support belt? I'm wondering if it will help with my belly pain when babe gets into a funny position.

Hey Kelly , today I bought a belly bandit compression belt , the type you use to pull belly back into shape after bub is born & the lady told me it can also be used while pregnant for pains , pressure, sciatica etc , don't know much about it to be honest but at least it can be used now & after ??? ... I have never used any kind of maternity support band before !!

Me either but it's worth a shot if it will make things more comfy for me though today has been good I think she finally moved a little or maybe my body is adapting?

i haven't felt the pressure since i went into the hospital, maybe he's moved up a little bit? he musta had a day or so of sleepyness, because i didnt feel him kick or move much except for 7-8kicks before i went to bed last night! 11.4 wks to go! yay!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->