From assisted conception to third tri ( almost there :-) )

I'm getting most of my movement at the top of my bump however every so often the pain that I get down below is enough to make me wince. I went and saw my OB today and he said that although my bub hasn't engaged yet I'm feeling the pressure of his/her head on my cervix whenever I move around. He said that the head alone probably weighs about 1kg so that's a lot of weight pushing down on the cervix. He also said that as long as I have 10 movements within a 12 hour period anything more is a bonus and not something to worry about.

I'm getting a lot of movement up top but also at times on either side. I have no idea what position tulip is in but I have a growth scan at the end of the month so will know then.

Holidays were good here we were busy moving and unpacking and my paint comes in tomorrow so ill be starting that major undertaking tomorrow. I'm dreading it though I hate painting I just can't bear to stare at white walls much longer.

Hi everyone, Sam I'm feeling the pressure down low too, every time I walk I feel like I need to wee & I feel sore & heavy at the bottom of my bump - not very comfortable to say the least

Kelly should you be painting ? I thought that was a big no no , I had just finished painting our investment apartment when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter , glad to hear our move went well , I'm sure you still have heaps to do but remember to take care of yourself & take it easy xxx
Oh & congrats on officially making it to third tri xxx

As long as the paint is the lead-free or w/e its called its perfectly ok to paint..my dr told me this.

Hi ladies,

My baby came 2 weeks early at 35 weeks 5lbs 12oz, 18". We just brought him home today. It's has been a crazy couple of weeks and a scary time in the nicu with an electrolyte imbalance. So happy he is home.

I started having some lower back pain went to the hospital an hour later and they told me I was having contractions 2 mins apart and I was 3cm dilated and effaced. I don't know why this happened but it happened so fast. He was still breached so had a csection right away since things were progressing so fast.

Congrats baby! So Glad he is home with you guys now :) Got any pics to share?

You can paint they just recommend some ventilation like open windows etc if you do. I'm trying to take it easy but nesting has kicked in full force since I'll be leaving here to go back home with family in 6 weeks :shock: Got a ton of things to do before I bring baby girl home here.

Congrats on your little boy baby so glad he is home and doing well!

How is everyone else doing?

As for me all is well cant wait till this LO gets here but hoping she stays in there till she is good and ready!

Congratulations Baby! That is so exciting! :happydance: Glad to hear that all is well now and your baby boy is home safe and sound now. I'm eager to find out what you decided to call him and a photo please. Although I'm sure you are exhausted at the moment and eager to get some sort of routine now that you are home.

GL with the painting Kelly. Try not to overdo it though.

^ To late for that, I'll get a break in a few days before starting the second portion of painting though and I'll enjoy it. The nursery will be done tomorrow I can't wait to see it all put together.

Congratulations baby, so happy for you Hun ! Must have been scary to have him arrive early , so glad you are both home now, well you are the first to go in our little group, please fill us in on his name & pics ASAP & get some rest xxx

Kelly - try not to over do it Hun :)

Hi everyone else , officially full term on Wednesday - well 37 weeks , can't wait to meet my little girl I'm very much over being up the duff - lol I have an appointment on Thursday so I'm hoping they will give me an appointment to the pre admission clinic so I can book in for my c section & finally know when I will be meeting my lo

^ why are you going with a c section? I'm assuming there's a reason and I'm being nosy...

^ i don't mind u being nosy, I had an emergency c section with my daughter after induction & terrible 10 hours of very painful front & back contractions 30 secs - 1 min apart , I was only 2 cm's dilated then my daughter got really distressed really fast , her heartrate was really low when they got her out, was so very scary , so my doctor gave me the option for an elective this time around & I decided to go with it after all the dramas stress & worry I have had already (ivf,bleeding, parvo, fall etc ) I don't want anymore plus I already have a scar & I recover well from surgery & I'm impatient - I went 10 days overdue with my first & then had to be induced , so no real medical reason this time around more of a preference & prevention of a repeat of last time :) my hubby keeps teasing me telling me I'm too posh to push - lol

^ lol I'd smack him! I can see why you'd opt for that. I was lucky and had a relatively easy labour with my son, that and operations scare the crap out of me!

I'll find out tomorrow when i have my first growth u/s. My dr said i'd have one between 35/36ish weeks and then one around 39ish weeks. depending on his size, will depend when i find out my induction date..im hoping for no csection, but we'll see!

I had another appointment with my OB today and apparently my LO's head is almost engaged. Yeah! I also have acupuncture so hopefully that will help baby to makes it way down. I'm so eager to meet my lo, 2 weeks until my due date seems so far away!

All your up coming due dates are making me feel like mine is AGES away. I'm eager to meet my little girl but not till I'm at least 37 weeks. Next week I crack the 30's! Whoot!

So I had my appointment on Thursday & now I am eagerly awaiting a phone call on Monday to tell me my c- section date, I was able to put a request in so I asked for Monday the 21/1/13 or Friday the 25/1/13 just cause its easier for hubby to close on a Monday or Friday, can't wait to just know the date - eek :)

Hope everyone else is really well - not long to go now for most of us & Kelly congrats on almost making it to 30 weeks not long for you too im sure the time will pass quickly for you as you are so busy moving & relocating etc xxx

We're already moved and relocated and the house will be done bein painted on Monday I'm afraid for how ill occupy my time next week.

I have my daughters birth/death day on Sunday and am having some serious emotional meltdowns when my brain is not occupied and I start to think about it.

Hi Ladies, I haven't posted in this thread before - I did a few times in 2nd tri - but this seemed the best place to share this. I have just realised that on Thursday I was supposed to have an appointment at the fertility clinic which is when the consultant had said he would refer us for IVF. Instead I am 31 weeks pregnant and feel so grateful. After our appointment in July I was clinging onto that date for hope of when we would get some help. Little did I know I was already pregnant! Just had to share.

Kelly9 - It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy so I'm sure the next 10 weeks will fly by. Sending :hugs: your way for sunday. I can't even imagine how you cope with the passing of a child.

Taylah - Only 2 weeks max by the sounds of it until you meet your lo. So exciting! I'm trying to do everything that I can think of to try and encourage my lo to make his/her entrance.

mjemma - Congrats on your natural bfp and making it to 31 weeks. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->