Froot Loops UK vs US ingredients..

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
So bought some Froot Loops and noticed there was only 3 colours so I googled it and apparently its because they couldnt find any natural colouring for the blue red and yellow (i think). I compared the ingredients.

The UK Froot Loops ingredients are: Cereal Flours (Oat, Wheat, Maize), Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Salt, Natural Citrus Flavouring with other Natural Flavourings, Plant Extracts (Nettle, Spinach), Fruit and Vegetable Extracts (Carrot, Blackcurrant), Colour (Paprika Extract). Along with various Vitamins & Minerals.

The US Froot Loops ingredients are: Sugar, whole grain corn flour, wheat flour, whole grain oat flour, oat fiber, soluble corn fiber, contains 2% or less of partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut, soybean and/or cottonseed), salt, red 40, natural flavor, blue 2, turmeric color, yellow 6, annatto color, blue 1, BHT for freshness.

How can a country so obsessed with Aspartme use such crap in a cereal :shock:

I hope this doesn't turn into another "lets bash Americans" thread.

I like both. :shrug:

What are fruit loops, are they like fruity cherrios

That's the US version: https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2220/1573887520_23389b14f2.jpg

That's the UK version: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zqTevSU0Vps/T-85eNR1KgI/AAAAAAAAAqk/pAcaKeeEI4w/s1600/DSC05221.JPG

The US ones look really bright, the UK a bit more natural I suppose but I dont think I would have either for breakfast

Mmmmm American Fruit Loops are yummy. I eat them all the time when on holiday.

Never tried UK version, they don't look as nice.

PS I couldn't give a rats arse whats in them....they are too nice to give a damn on the ingredients

:haha: I've been asked to bring them back from the US before. The UK version isn't as yummy. I was excited when DH bought them for me, but then I was disappointed :(

The American ones do look more yummy!

I've eaten neither so I can't say which ones are better but it's only cereal :haha:

xxx

I bought them for DH too and he wasnt impressed.
He definitely prefers US ones.

The US ones look more exciting,
but i don't think i'd eat either.

The US ones definitely look tastier, I always like my food to be nearly glowing :haha: If they didn't have wheat in I'd go buy some (they sell the US ones over here)

Eurgh they both look disgusting. The US ones look so bright I'd be scareD Summer would be bouncing off the walls for days on end if she ate them!

Yeah the US ones do look more exciting but theyre not allowed over here as they contained banned artificial colouring and flavours :shrug:

Most places in the UK won't sell anything with trans fats either.

Don't think I'd eat either, but the US version looks scary!

Transfats aren't banned in the UK. There is a strong call to ban them, but nothing has been done yet. It has been "strongly suggested" that they be banned though.

I have to say that the US Fruit Loops are VERY yummy....probably because of all the crap in it but it's never stopped me. :rofl: I never had the UK version so I can't compare.

Yuck they both look horrible like painted cardboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"