Froot Loops UK vs US ingredients..

While we're on the topic of sugary cereals, I also really love Lucky Charms. Whoever thought to put to marshmallows in cereal is pure genius. :rofl: :rofl:

I'm another who always checks labels, bit obsessive :blush:

Yea most breakfast cereals have ludicrous amounts of sugar in, even like has been said, the ones that don't even taste sweet.

Most cereals are pretty bad actually.

https://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/food-and-health/healthy-eating-for-all/how-healthy-is-your-cereal/

Muesli doesn't always have extra sugar added, the ones that have enough dried fruit in them still taste lovely :)

dried fruit itsself has lots of sugar in it so they don't need extra refined sugar.
My favourite unhealthy cereals(if they werent that edgy) are the pockets filled with nutella/nougat creme :rofl:

https://de-pic2.ciao.com/de/158518273.jpg

Oh yea it does! I love the Crunch Berries myself. :munch:

dried fruit itsself has lots of sugar in it so they don't need extra refined sugar.
My favourite unhealthy cereals(if they werent that edgy) are the pockets filled with nutella/nougat creme :rofl:

https://de-pic2.ciao.com/de/158518273.jpg

Yea obviously fruit is better for you than processed, refined sugar :)

I think we should be allowed to have informed choice though. The problem is marketing isn't ever going to be truthful :flow:

Very true.....the latest is that the sugary cereals are now made with whole grain...or so they say. So, yeah it's insanely sugary but hey it IS whole grain! :rofl:

the body doesnt care whether it is fructose, glucose, dextrose or whateverose. it is all sugar, and as paracelsus said- the dose makes the poison :D

the body doesnt care whether it is fructose, glucose, dextrose or whateverose. it is all sugar, and as paracelsus said- the dose makes the poison :D

That is true to an extent, but if you're eating a piece of fruit, or some raisins your body doesn't get the same rush of sugar hit as it would from processed rubbish, as digesting the fibre etc makes it much more of a slow release :)

oops, OH fed my 3 yr old froot loops for breakfast! he did however put cut up strawberries in her bowl too which amelie found hilarious! 'fruit cereal with fruit strawberries - match to match!'

Frootloops smell and taste disgusting IMO. I like Special K Red Berries & Kashi Crunch. And All Bran :blush:

i put some down the toilet (left overs) and they expanded to about triple the size after a while :shock:

They all tend to do that, they just absorb the moisture and get all mushy

I'm a weetabix and readybrek person :haha:

Although I do currently have a box of coco pops in :D

The only cereal we buy is weetibix for the boys and shredded wheat for me and OH, we do buy the odd box of co-co pops but the boys prefer weetibix. Although in saying that I do let them try any new cereal that comes out and we have a box of fruit loops in the cupboard, Dec had a bowl took 2 spoons and they went in the bin.

Has anyone tried the new Lion bar cereal ??? I really want to but they look a bit iffy lol

I meant to say you can buy American fruit loops in several shops here, but at £9.50 a box, I think I will give them a miss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->