Froot Loops UK vs US ingredients..

i know this is a bit OTbut saw it on fb and it made me laugh

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-91TrMCu90xo/T61A6NIEmWI/AAAAAAAAIcc/8P6wJpcn66s/s1600/chemical+shit+storm.jpg

sugar doesnt worry me too much. the amount of chemicals does though

Same. but i still find it stupid why rice krispies which dont even taste sweet has sugar in it? Loads of people add more sugar too!

Cereals are full of sugar and salt, even weetabix is pretty bad. The only proper healthy one seems to be shreaded wheat. Thats the dangerous thing, those fruit loops (to me) look pretty unhealthy but Cheerios and rice crispies look like they'd be fine but clearly they're not?!

my fav cereals are cinnamon grahams, cheerios and jordans strawberry crisp.

What about those ones that used to have marshmallows in them? They were amazing!

sugar doesnt worry me too much. the amount of chemicals does though

Same. but i still find it stupid why rice krispies which dont even taste sweet has sugar in it? Loads of people add more sugar too!

i add sugar on mine :blush:

never the girls though. Trco rice crispys are a little better

can you take i have a poorly willow asleep on me..typos :haha:

Screw the sugar in any cereal, if it wakes me up in the morning it's done a good job :rofl: nestle cookie crunch is amazeballs

So that's why Fruit Loops taste better in the U.S. :lol: Well, I've never tried them in the U.K. but here they're so.. so, dull. :p My sister also couldn't believe it when she came to visit and looked forward to food she knows. That was the last time she had some Fruit Loops here, hehe.

So that's why Fruit Loops taste better in the U.S. :lol: Well, I've never tried them in the U.K. but here they're so.. so, dull. :p My sister also couldn't believe it when she came to visit and looked forward to food she knows. That was the last time she had some Fruit Loops here, hehe.

:shrug: theyve just brought them out as a limited edition so no idea what your sister has been eating heh

:shrug: theyve just brought them out as a limited edition so no idea what your sister has been eating heh

They're sold here all year round, no special edish. :) I'm not in the U.K.

They're sold here all year round, no special edish. :) I'm not in the U.K.

oh sorry i misread your post!

I like shredded wheat for breakfast! - so the thought of either those cereals scares me a little! id have them in a bowl dry for sweets instead haha x

Most cereals have way too much sugar. I really loved cinnamon grahams but wow there was a lot of sugar on them! I only have muesli nowadays though, which has a lot of sugar but its from the fruit rather than added sugar.

I'm hoping Maria will stick with weetabix (baby version with no sugar) for a long long time. Although she really loves dry cornflakes for a snack.

I tried fruit loops in Florida and I was almost sick! had one mouthfull and had to spit them out, it was like eating a bowl of tastless sugar, awful, and I love sweet things lol, even the kids would not try them! gross. Give me fruit & fibre anyday, much tastier.

The German version is like the UK version-- I don't want to try the US version, something so colourful and bright can't be good :rofl:

I usually have weetabix or cornflakes for breakfast- recently more weetabix as this is what I bought and it actually tastes better too. They are without sugar by default so I add a bit of honey with it :)

I hate the US fruit loops, taste gross. I haven't tried the uk ones. I loooove American junk food though, other cereals like lucky charms are yummmm, in moderation obv. They know how to make yummy sweets and chocs and crisps. Omg, Cheetos are just the BEST! We are moving to the US soon and although I'm excited in one respect, I'm a little worried that I hear a lot about how many chemicals they put in their food, people keep saying to me 'it's all the steroids they put in...' what does that even mean??

I loved the US fruit loops! It was all I ate for breakfast when I was in NY 2 years back.

I tried the UK ones yesterday for breakfast after my OH excitedly bought them home and they are very...meh. They dont have a great deal of taste to them at all.

I can't get over sugar being the main ingredient! :wacko: For a breakfast cereal!

To be fair, I have muesli for breakfast which is really sugary, but it's very filling so I don't need to keep eating all morning. I reckon if I ate fruit loops for breakfast I'd be hungry again in an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->