Froot Loops UK vs US ingredients..

Pssh....Froot Loops are awesome!

So are: Smacks, Cocoa Krispies, Frosted Flakes, POPs, Cocoa Puffs, Apple Jacks and bunches more! :happydance:

When I was in france for school exchange(2 weeks with our respective french/german classes)
They also had what I thought was cocoa pops. well I am not such a fan of cocoa pops as I dopn't like cocoa that much, but I thought well the pops will be alright.
It turned out that it was just a different way to make a big bowl of cocoa , as the pops werent pops but rather something like cocoa in the shape of ops that very solluble. noooo. lol. so I had a full bowl of cocoa :rofl: thats the way they consume it there together with some kind of bread to dip it in . :haha:(and thats how the adults drink their coffe in the morning- a bowl and a croissant :haha:

Weirdly, what started me looking at the sugar contant was when I was dieting. Special K is marketed as a 'diet food', yet calories and sugar, rice crispies (I think it was) had less sugar. It was at that point I swore never to believe 'low fat', 'diet' this and that again. The same with Snack a jacks and Quavers/frech fries!

diet food is about the buiggest scam there is in food :haha: because all these dietary things often have artificial sugar- means the body thinks it is getting some and then is left disappointed soon craving more (real sugar) :haha: also the low fat stuff, actually your brain is very much made of fat so it needs it :haha:

My favourite unhealthy cereals(if they werent that edgy) are the pockets filled with nutella/nougat creme :rofl:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :munch:

Best cereal of that variety is the Israeli cereal Kariot, no other chocolately pillow cereal comes close it's £4.59 a box :o but they often get reduced to 99p a box in waitrose when short dated xx

I meant to say you can buy American fruit loops in several shops here, but at £9.50 a box, I think I will give them a miss

That is a boat load of money to pay for sugar, fake color, and preservatives! Good thing you passed!

American food is sooo unhealthy. Half the time it's made with more chemicals than actual 'food' ingredients.

And there's a generalization :haha: Many cities in the USA have banned transfats in cooking. All restaurants must display nutritional info next to foods served in California. It's not ALL bad.

I have seem fruit loops, but to be honest...cereal like that doesn't fill me up! I'm hungry again about two seconds later! I like to indulge in crunchy nut from time to time...but generally muesli, porridge, yoghurt with fruit and form of granola keeps me full!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->