Froot Loops UK vs US ingredients..

they make a funny noise when you pour on milk!

Transfats aren't banned in the UK. There is a strong call to ban them, but nothing has been done yet. It has been "strongly suggested" that they be banned though.

I know, but most major supermarket chains have pledged either not to use them in their own brand products or in some cases not to stock anything containing trans fats.

I brought the UK ones in my food shop last week and was really disappointed.

I get all the healthy eating stuff etc.. but i believe everything in moderation.

I kinda dont see the point in bringing out a yummy cereal thats had all the yummy crap taken out so they are healthier - they just dont taste nice :wacko: whats the point?

US ones look way much yummier. and if i had the choice i would go for the ones with all the crap in :D I eat a lot of other healthy foods so they odd crap infested breakfast aint going to do me any harm :haha:

Transfats aren't banned in the UK. There is a strong call to ban them, but nothing has been done yet. It has been "strongly suggested" that they be banned though.

I know, but most major supermarket chains have pledged either not to use them in their own brand products or in some cases not to stock anything containing trans fats.

Still, different than saying the UK has banned something when it hasn't. Nevermind though. :flower:

I get all the healthy eating stuff etc.. but i believe everything in moderation.

I kinda dont see the point in bringing out a yummy cereal thats had all the yummy crap taken out so they are healthier - they just dont taste nice :wacko: whats the point?

US ones look way much yummier. and if i had the choice i would go for the ones with all the crap in :D I eat a lot of other healthy foods so they odd crap infested breakfast aint going to do me any harm :haha:

It's still full of sugar and crap, just not artificial flavours or colours :shrug: & they're clearly aimed at kids which is sad. Sadly not all parents look at the ingredients.

Still, different than saying the UK has banned something when it hasn't. Nevermind though. :flower:

I didn't. :shrug:

Yeah but something that is that colour most ppl are gonna know its not good for you?? Or am I assuming ppl are more clever than they are?

You're assuming. The colours dont mean its bad for you anyway. The UK ones still have colourful hoops but theyre coloured with spinach, nettle, blackcurrant and carrot extracts, not chemicals.

That's what I was getting at, whether the colours are natural or not they don't look natural, it would make me stop and look at what was in them. Whereas I probably wouldn't with something like shreaded wheat which just looks like... Wheat!

https://www.scargill.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tmp447D_thumb.jpg

lol!

That's what I was getting at, whether the colours are natural or not they don't look natural, it would make me stop and look at what was in them. Whereas I probably wouldn't with something like shreaded wheat which just looks like... Wheat!

Yeah, you're def not in the majority sadly!

It's still full of sugar and crap, just not artificial flavours or colours :shrug: & they're clearly aimed at kids which is sad. Sadly not all parents look at the ingredients.

your right sorry heads not screwed on tonight haha. i didnt even concider the fact they are aimed at kids :/ yeah i got a box of them but they are for me. gosh it never even entered my head to feed them to a child :/ hmmmmm i dunno haha i just know they look weird, dont taste as nice as i hoped and i wouldnt feed them to a child :/

All that being said, my daughter is half way through a box of bloody coco pops moon and stars LOL
She usually gets rice krispies or cheerios!

interesting - froot loops have less sugar than moon and stars! eek.

& why is there 10 per 100g of SUGAR in rice krispies? They arent even sweet?!

Mmm coco pops, now your talking!! Or Nesquik, my OH always has chocolate cereal he's a 5 yr old in a 27 yr olds body

sugar doesnt worry me too much. the amount of chemicals does though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->