Frugal or expensive tastes?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
When buying baby clothes and accessories, do you have an expensive taste or are you a frugal shopper?

i used to be but not any more im frugal now unless its for a special occasion x

Neither really. I'm quite happy buying any baby clothes as long as they look nice and are nice materials.

Baby products though I will research thoroughly before buying and buy the best one regardless of cost. For instance I've bought a £90 breast pump, but that's after trying and disliking a £15 one.

I don't buy unless it's on sale! Clothes-wise at least. See no reason to pay $$$ for something Hannah only gets a few months use out of! But Hannah has TONS of clothes, since I buy on sale I tend to buy lots :blush: :rofl:

it depends, like rafwife said. Colton's carseat was $150, which I decided on after reading reviews, needless of what the price was.
With clothes though, I'm more frugal because he wont wear them long at this age. As he gets older and wears clothes for ALOT longer periods I would buy nice quality stuff. I tend to buy Old Navy alot-which isn't expensive if you catch the sales (I can get like 12-13 pieces for $60), or I'll shop on ebay/second hand stores and buy Gap and other more expensive name brands, lol, which I normally drive OH mad doing because I go through everything looking for name brands in new condition for cheap!

We've been given loads, old and new so haven't needed to buy anything except some newborn vests and sleepsuits - we got the cheapest from Asda. We've just ordered a load of sale stuff from Pumpkin Patch for when he's older and we've less stuff. I guess frugal!

we buy everything from next because i love hte designs, how the material is and it doesnt shrink in the wash and seems to last a hell of alot longer

bit of both really - depends if they look good. He doesnt have to be in name clothes, or anything like that, but he must look good, and i think carefully about what i put on him, i wouldnt dream of shoving just anything on him. :blush:

I try and get things on sale to save money, but I wont buy her used things... im too paranoid about it, I cant imagine her in something or playing with something that potentially belonged to some gross little kid... lol... she does have some hand me downs from her cousins though.

I buy mostly cheap things, especially clothes. But if it's something like a product for his skin, a special toy or food, then I'm willing to spend more on it. He has a few items of more expensive clothing, but they were special buys that were in the sale!

Expensive tastes... My husband keep saying I'm a snob because I won't buy him clothes that aren't designer... I just like to see him wearing nice things!!! :blush: I think it's worth every penny!!! :lol:

Cheap! well when it comes to her toys and stuff I'm not (90 dollars for an exersaucer...come on! hah maybe that's not expensive but I think it is)

I mostly buy her cheaper clothes cause she's so bloody tall. I bought her a set of sleepers 3 weeks ago and she's almost out of them already

A bit of both. Clothes and toys I just buy what I like. Baby products with regards to safety, I tend to try to get the best or at least have a long proven history (reliable). For other products like wipes, diapers, it depends on what she can take and then we buy what we need.

:)

I'm somewhere inbetween.. I used to be really frugal but as time progresses I am choosing more expensive stuff

I either get her clothes at Wal-Mart, somewhere on sale or on FreeCycle/Craigslist/Yardsales. I can't see spending tons of $$ on something she's not gonna wear for more than a few weeks at most. For food/formula she gets name brand, not store brand. For her carseat/stroller we went top of the line and for health stuff we get name brand too.

I have more of an expensive taste :blush: but mostly I just buy things that I like without questioning too much what kind of brand name is sewed in on the back.

I have both. I buy things that I think are cute. I am starting to become a bit more frugal though, because #1: I am broke, #2: She grows so fast. I made the mistake of buying her a $30 hoodie dress and little Uggs and she has worn them ONCE and now her head is too big to fit through the hole, lol. I even tried to cut it with scissors because I was pissed off at myself for only putting her in it once and now I ruined it so it's garbage.

I usually buy clothes at Old Navy or now Superstore since I realized they have adorable cheap baby clothes.

H&M kids all the way for me. Fantastic design for cheap. Fin has an education and spends fund for when he reaches 18. I put any money i save on pointless things like clothes into that or onto toys that he can have fun and learn with. Much more worthy in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->